FSX SE (steam edition) crashing issue (read post for more info)

nickac1092

Hey guys. So im switching from FS9 to FSX simply because im sick of being left behind. Anyways on to the point.

FSX-SE (even my boxed retail) keeps crashing when i try to move a undocked instrument panel off the main screen. Im running 6x Acer Predator XB241Hs all using Display port at 120Hz @ 1080P. FSX REFUSES to let me move any panel undocked off the main without the issue decibed already. It turns black sometimes or white... fatal error msg pops up, and the sim CTDs.

I only have a handfull of addons installed. FSDT airports, GSX, FlyTampa scenery, REX 2.0. Otherwise, its pretty much out of the box....

I do run some programs that have conflicts **sometimes** with other games besides FS entirely and those are (but very rarely have an issue with FS9/X)

Fraps

Teamviewer 12 (free)

Also, i have my OS on a SSD and everything else on several other HDDs. I know about UAC and how that can cause issues.

I am CompTIA A+ certified so yes im very good with computers.....

------------------------------------------------------------------

My OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit OEM (disk install)

My graphics drivers as well as windows updates are up-to-date.

See my system specs in my signature below VV

------------------------------------------------------------------

Event viewer msg:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: d3dx9_34.dll, version: 9.19.949.46, time stamp: 0x4649415c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00147211

Faulting process id: 0x4fa4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e3576809d775

Faulting application path: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_34.dll

Report Id: 088064b3-4f4b-11e7-b6f7-4ccc6a90829c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Case: Cosmos II super twr MB: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero CPU: Intel I7 8700K 4.0GHz (OCed to 5GHz) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz GPU: 2x Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Classified PSU: Corsair AX1200I Storage: Crucial 2TB SSD HDDs: 24TBs total OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bobac1083/featured ***My Job: Swissport Fueling Agent @ MSP***

Hi Nick,

As amberdog1 has given a link to some heavy reading I suggest this solution.....

The faulting module named is a DirectX (DX) 9 file. By default W10 ships without DX9 so the version you have installed must be one that is provided by the Video card driver package or by another of the games/program you mentioned. Based on this I think that it is reasonable to assume that one of these that you have either installed after installing FSX has used a version of the .dll file that is incompatibility with W10 or that one of these that you have played recently has somehow corrupted the file when writing or attempting to write data into the file.

Two options available that may resolve the issue:

1. Download the latest DX9 package from the MS website

2. Download the latest DX Redistribution package from the MS Website

Both options will work but the Redist pack will cover all current versions of DX (9, 10, 11 and 12) and is the option I would go for if I was experiencing this issue.

Download the file to temp folder and then run it using Admin rights - if offered a chance to select an install location let it install into the default location it recommends. It may also offer a choice of running a Repair or Full install - the repair option should suffice as it will replace any missing/corrupt/damaged/incompatible files only.

Regards

Brian

(Re)install DX9.0

Here's an explanation, with advice, and a link to the installer from Windows.

A useful read.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/41732-63-d3dx9_34-missing-windows

there's a few links on that page. In case it's confusing which one to choose, here's a direct link to the installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just googled your ctd on this. here is the link for you to see...

https://www.google.com/search?q=d3dx9_34.dll&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS743US743&oq=d3dx9_34.dll&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=d3dx9_34.dll+FSX+crash

Hope this helps and happy:pilot:flyin

I wouldn't have posted to the forums here if that google searched worked. Thanks for the help but i already searched the obvious (for 2 days) (which did not help at all) before posting to this forum.

Case: Cosmos II super twr MB: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero CPU: Intel I7 8700K 4.0GHz (OCed to 5GHz) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz GPU: 2x Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Classified PSU: Corsair AX1200I Storage: Crucial 2TB SSD HDDs: 24TBs total OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bobac1083/featured ***My Job: Swissport Fueling Agent @ MSP***

Hi Nick,

As amberdog1 has given a link to some heavy reading I suggest this solution.....

The faulting module named is a DirectX (DX) 9 file. By default W10 ships without DX9 so the version you have installed must be one that is provided by the Video card driver package or by another of the games/program you mentioned. Based on this I think that it is reasonable to assume that one of these that you have either installed after installing FSX has used a version of the .dll file that is incompatibility with W10 or that one of these that you have played recently has somehow corrupted the file when writing or attempting to write data into the file.

Two options available that may resolve the issue:

1. Download the latest DX9 package from the MS website

2. Download the latest DX Redistribution package from the MS Website

Both options will work but the Redist pack will cover all current versions of DX (9, 10, 11 and 12) and is the option I would go for if I was experiencing this issue.

Download the file to temp folder and then run it using Admin rights - if offered a chance to select an install location let it install into the default location it recommends. It may also offer a choice of running a Repair or Full install - the repair option should suffice as it will replace any missing/corrupt/damaged/incompatible files only.

Thanks for the most of the help but i found the issue not even related to any of the software via trail and error. With fraps closed i would get a G2D.dll error in event viewer and with fraps open i would get the Dx9_34.dll error. So i firgured i change my screen inputs just to try and rule that out.

It was actually caused by using my seconday video card as the primary and the primary as the secondary. This is because the cards do not have airflow so i did this to keep the temps down when playing other tripple A titles like GTA V for example so i could avoid seeing 185ºF+ on the card @1080P 120Hz refresh... What a pain. I guess il have to somehow firgure out a different way to cool my cards off or change the config inside my computer.

Archived