RealAir all working in V4

graaant

With the exception of a few sound issues with the Legacy and Turbine Duke, all my RealAir a/c work just fine -- Legacy, Duke, Spitfires XI and XIV -- although I haven't tested radios.

Also, to my eye/on my system, the visuals all look better than in FSX, especially the few bare metal Spitfire repaints, which look spectacular.

With the exception of a few sound issues with the Legacy and Turbine Duke, all my RealAir a/c work just fine -- Legacy, Duke, Spitfires XI and XIV -- although I haven't tested radios.

Also, to my eye/on my system, the visuals all look better than in FSX, especially the few bare metal Spitfire repaints, which look spectacular.

They are xml gauges so they have to work. No surprise, but... they use sound dll gauge and it does not work in v4 as it is 32bit. So youiss some sounds. That gauge is used by more devs and rumor is that author will do 64bit version, but.not eta

Odesláno z mého ALE-L21 pomocí Tapatalk

They are xml gauges so they have to work. No surprise, but... they use sound dll gauge and it does not work in v4 as it is 32bit. So youiss some sounds. That gauge is used by more devs and rumor is that author will do 64bit version, but.not eta

Odesláno z mého ALE-L21 pomocí Tapatalk

I've done a simple fix for the flap and gear sounds, replacing the RealAir ones (which I never liked much -- too tinkly or something) with the default Beechcraft files and SOUND.CFG specs. The A36 ones sound just right to me for the Legacy, the Baron ones pretty close for the Turbine Duke. IMO, an improvement ...

Several users have commented also that the visuals seem brighter and sharper. I tend to agree. It's a subtle difference but noticeable. Especially on shiny aircraft.

So far, I'm loving it. I rarely had an OOM so that's not been an issue but the smoothness and IQ are really good.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Just fyi. New 64bit sond gauge is released. You find it.at orbx forums. Currently authors website is silent

Good news, thanks. And RealAir will stay silent, it seems. As the closing notice says, they've closed down for personal reasons.

Archived