Alabeo and v4.

mallcott

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php

Official Alabeo Statement about the recently released Prepar3D version 4

June 9th, 2017

With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and don´t work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).

The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.

The process will take time because we will have to update more than 25 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.

For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge.

Well, hopefully they'll correct the DA42 at the same time. They did say in an email to me a YEAR ago when I highlighted a simple error in the FDE that actually affected normal flight regimes (and so should have been corrected during beta testing or immediately upon release):

Greetings,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are going to check that and consider to include it as a modification on a future patch we might release for the aircraft.

Regards,

Alabeo.

What simple FDE error are you talking about if I may ask?

Yes, you may ask, but if you own the aircraft you ought to have found it.

On the v2.0 aircraft across all sims there is an anomaly as you pull the power levers back below 60%, when one engine suddenly switches to a higher rpm than the other. This lopsided power lasts until power is further reduced below 50% when common rpm's resume.

As the aircraft will use 55% power setting for economic long-range cruise and the 50-60% range to maintain speed in the circuit/pattern when dirty with gear and first stage flaps out, AND it is NOT a feature of the actual aircraft, I expected Alabeo to fix this. It is VERY common to use the 50-60% power range in normal flight. And that applies both to the earlier version of the DA42, supposedly simulated here, and in particular the later variants withe AE300 engines. Should have been fixed as a priority.

They didn't in any of the earlier patches, they didn't in v2.0 and that and the incorrect `barbers pole` in the PFD pop-up is more than enough to render the aircraft useless. If that doesn't then the simulation of the fuel tanks and crossfeeds is wholly wrong. And if you're going to mimic a FADEC bird, at least make the ECU test switches DO something! Same thing over the absence of the L/R Engine Glow On indicator in the PFD. If you are going to model this aircraft you need those things to be right.

The we can talk about `nuisance errors` such as the reversed animation of the parking brake which is a visual dissonance all the time one is flying and again, if it WAS tested by `real pilots` of the DA42 as they claim, would have been picked up in seconds. T

hen there's the reversed animation of the rudder trim indicator.

There are a bunch of other mistakes, but they can wait.

Now, it's Alabeo, so no-one should be expecting a finely nuanced simulation of every switch and button, but jeez, at least get the basics right, especially when real certified pilots tell you it's wrong.

i see no indication in the announcement they are going to fix these blatant mistakes. I hope I'm wrong, but expect I'm right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived