Thread: FSX: SE Multiplayer Fatal Error

1. Default FSX: SE Multiplayer Fatal Error

Hi,

I hate when I'm playing FSX Multiplayer and the game crashes, it happens all time randomly!
    Please help me, I can't play like that.

I have many addons installed.

MORE INFORMATION (it's in Portuguese, sorry)
    Nome da aplicação com falha: fsx.exe, versão: 10.0.62615.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x559f9a9a
    Nome do módulo com falha: sim1.dll, versão: 10.0.62615.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x559f9ab4
    Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
    Desvio de falha: 0x00085254
    ID do processo com falha: 0x634
    Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d2e1e4c4fc58f9
    Caminho da aplicação com falha: D:\Programas\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
    Caminho do módulo com falha: D:\Programas\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\sim1.dll
    ID do Relatório: 1a5edbff-8e7a-41a4-9e4b-27f348ae8c3a
    Nome completo do pacote com falha:
    ID da aplicação relativa ao pacote com falha:

Cool

Hi Daniel,

Our great hobby can be a pain in the ol' wazoo from time to time, huh?

I do not have a working knowledge of SE FSX and haven't seen much on this issue out on the inter web.

You might have a look here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/3...al-error-sigh/

These lads had more to ponder than anyone else.

Good Luck and please let us know how you make out.

I would include the operating system that you are running as well in any further posts .... may be of some importance to your resolve.

Best,
    salt_air

Extensive flight planning is the key to proper operation.

Hi,

The faulting module is the sim1.dll file. The most common reason that causes this error is due to corrupt or missing textures, either aircraft (including AI models) or scenery related.

Q1: Has this only just started to happen or has it been a problem since the initial install of FSX-SE?

Q2: Does it only happen when you are in multiplayer mode or does it also happen in normal mode?

EDIT - clarification needed here...... Are you playing in 'true' multiplayer mode or are you simply referring to playing in single player mode online via the Steam Client - EDIT END

Depending on how long you have had the problem (i.e. since initial install or only recently following an install of new scenery or aircraft) will determine the course of action to take.

Q3: Does it only happen with a specific 'flyable' (i.e. non AI) aircraft model?

Q4: Does it happen within a specific region/area or is it random?

The answers to these Qs may help narrow down areas to check - for example, if the problem only occurs at a specific airport/area/region irrespective of the 'flyable' aircraft model used then you can start by disabling any new scenery or AI for that area.

Options to try:

Initial install - Run the Steam Client validation tool to check the integrity of the game files. This will replace any missing/corrupted files.

Recently started - Un-install any recently installed aircraft/scenery and re-test for a few days. If no error, install ONE and test again for several days - and so on until you find the culprit.

WRT to scenery, you may be able to isolate the problem by simply disabling the scenery using the FSX Scenery settings page and then re-enabling them one at time for testing - but if the problem is caused by a replacement texture then the issue will remain and the only way to resolve it will be to un-install the scenery which will restore the default FSX file it replaced.
    Last edited by longbreak754; 06-13-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added EDIT info
    Regards

Brian

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by longbreak754 View Post
    Hi,

The faulting module is the sim1.dll file. The most common reason that causes this error is due to corrupt or missing textures, either aircraft (including AI models) or scenery related.

Q1: Has this only just started to happen or has it been a problem since the initial install of FSX-SE?

Q2: Does it only happen when you are in multiplayer mode or does it also happen in normal mode?

EDIT - clarification needed here...... Are you playing in 'true' multiplayer mode or are you simply referring to playing in single player mode online via the Steam Client - EDIT END

Depending on how long you have had the problem (i.e. since initial install or only recently following an install of new scenery or aircraft) will determine the course of action to take.

Q3: Does it only happen with a specific 'flyable' (i.e. non AI) aircraft model?

Q4: Does it happen within a specific region/area or is it random?

The answers to these Qs may help narrow down areas to check - for example, if the problem only occurs at a specific airport/area/region irrespective of the 'flyable' aircraft model used then you can start by disabling any new scenery or AI for that area.

Options to try:

Initial install - Run the Steam Client validation tool to check the integrity of the game files. This will replace any missing/corrupted files.

Recently started - Un-install any recently installed aircraft/scenery and re-test for a few days. If no error, install ONE and test again for several days - and so on until you find the culprit.

WRT to scenery, you may be able to isolate the problem by simply disabling the scenery using the FSX Scenery settings page and then re-enabling them one at time for testing - but if the problem is caused by a replacement texture then the issue will remain and the only way to resolve it will be to un-install the scenery which will restore the default FSX file it replaced.
    Answer to Q1: I think i started when I installed new planes
    Answer to Q2: It just happens in Multiplayer mode, and it lags sometimes, like t stops and continues, but sometimes it stops and only the sound continues and then the game crashes.
    Answer to EDIT: Well, I just go to the Multiplayer tab on FSX and then I sign in with Steam.
    Answer to Q3: I think it happens with all aircraft.
    Answer to Q4: I think it's random.

Your answers identify a number of possibilities as to the cause(s) and solution(s) of the problem......

Q1: Identify those new additions and delete them. You don't say if they were freeware/payware but following this simple procedure will hopefully catch all installed files associated with a particular product......

Payware - Use either the products own uninstaller or uninstall procedures (read the documentation to see how they recommend uninstalling) This should remove all associated files. Another option would be to use the Windows Program and Features tool if it is listed there.

Freeware - Some freeware will have auto installers and may also, therefore, include a uninstaller but the vast majority are self installers. In both cases, use the original .zip contents to identify all files that were installed by unzipping the file and/or pointing auto installers to a temp location so that you can see what files were provided.

Once deleted, test and if good reinstall a model and test. Continue with each model until you find which one is causing the issue. I would suggest here that you carefully check each file before installing - the problem could be caused by a file from one product is overwriting another file from an earlier installed product. I would also suggest that, if any of the files you added were repaints, that you don't install these straight away but only install and thoroughly test the base package

Q2: The lag may be causing an issue such as interrupting the load process of textures, either due to the size of the texture file or due to a RAM/memory issue. The more detailed the product the larger the file size which will impact on load times and require more RAM/memory AND GPU memory.

How much RAM do you have and what are the specs of your Video card?

Other possibilities for the lags are other background tasks (such as AV suite updates etc) are using RAM/bandwidth or even your ISP restricting the speed.

Q3 and Q4: The only way to know for sure is to test - but I would ignore this for now and concentrate of the actions detailed above.
    Regards

Brian

6. Default

Well, before I answer, I just want to say that I did something that you said on the previous post ("Run the Steam Client validation tool to check the integrity of the game files"). I did that and then I just started the game and when I was playing Multiplayer for about 30 minuts or more, everything was ok. I'm not 100% sure if it is 100% solved...

Glad you seem to have got it sorted.

What I suggest is to play over the next few days and see what happens. If the problem reoccurs, post back into the thread and we can take it from there......

Happy flyin'
    Regards

Brian

8. Default

Ok, thank you

9. Default

So, the game crashed! And I noticed that some addons do not work the first time i start the game.

Q1 - I removed some additions (aricrafts), and I also had the ULTIMATE TERRAIN X EUROPE Expansion Pack or addon, but I uninstalled it beacause it was a little laggy in multiplayer. So I'll just remove the additions. AND I noticed a long time ago that the 747 didn't have sound, so I just installed sounds to it, not the original ones.

Q2 - I have 6GB of RAM
    Video Card specs (translated by me):
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: Ge Force GT 630
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Total approximated memory: 5065MB
    VRAM: 2017MB
    Shared memory: 3048MB
    1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor