Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well, there goes our hobby ...

Quote Originally Posted by kaashaas View Post
    AI is the future. We'd better re-educate ourselves now. Or retire early, which sounds quite attractive if you ask me. :-)

Grtz., Hans
    No amount of re-education or training will be able to compensate for the number of jobs that will be automated, no matter how much "new jobs will be created" spin by the corporates and futurists. It's a hot topic at think tanks and research organizations around the world: what will people do, what will society become, when human beings are no longer required for most jobs? One report projects that 83% of workers earning less than $20 an hour will be replaced by an AI system, and sooner than we think.

"There goes our hobby" ... more like "there goes meaningful work and careers for millions, billions of people!" Has my basic income deposit arrived yet?
    Last edited by ftldave; 06-19-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: fix txt

Default Well, there goes our hobby ...

Well by all means don't re-educate then! More chances for me! ;-)

Grtz., Hans

They said all this when the industrial revolution was under way. Back then it was a farm community. Point is, life, huh, finds a way.

Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced | i5 6600k | 2666 MHz Ballistix Tactical RAM | Crucial MX300 256GB SSD | 1 TB Hitachi platter | GTX 560TI |Logitech Z 5300 5.1 audio | Logitech mouse/keyboard, feed the mouse
    My forum project

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    They said all this when the industrial revolution was under way. Back then it was a farm community. Point is, life, huh, finds a way.
    Exactly, I recall hunter-gatherers saying the exact same thing when the first farmers started to settle

Quote Originally Posted by RatRace View Post
    Exactly, I recall hunter-gatherers saying the exact same thing when the first farmers started to settle
    How old are you? There goes Methuselah's record.

I get the creeps thinking about self-driving cars, let alone self-flying, no-pilots-aboard airliners.

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    I get the creeps thinking about self-driving cars, let alone self-flying, no-pilots-aboard airliners.
    I'm with you. I'm not fond of the thought of sitting in seat 50F while a robot navigates around thunderstorms over the Equator, perhaps without much thought of what our fuel state will look like by the time we reach our destination far down in South America, for example. I'm probably young enough to own a self driving car at some point, but maybe not the self driving plane.

Siri, fly me to JFK.

"I did not understand. Did you mean play the song Fly Me To The Moon?"

Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced | i5 6600k | 2666 MHz Ballistix Tactical RAM | Crucial MX300 256GB SSD | 1 TB Hitachi platter | GTX 560TI |Logitech Z 5300 5.1 audio | Logitech mouse/keyboard, feed the mouse
    My forum project

'Did you mean: Jay, Vermont .... or .... Kay County, Oklahoma?
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2