Why does FSX load a flight scenario at startup?

dleghthikos

Does it go from opening Splash screen right into a flight scenario like you have pressed the "Fly Now" tab? Have you got a check mark in the box for "Show Opening Screen"?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You don't have to hit FLY NOW. The default flight loads the aircraft model before then, so the beneficial aspect of this has already taken place. Ideally, you need a FSX default piston engined aircraft in your default flight (I use the Cessna 172). It doesn't have to be at Friday Harbor either, it can be your local airport, in fact it's better to be there to avoid FSX local time issues.

..........Ideally, you need a FSX default piston engined aircraft in your default flight (I use the Cessna 172)...........

Why?.....

Other than a few well known 3rd party products that seem to have an issue if this is the not the case, this is not really necessary.

I have been using FSX for many years and over that time I have created/launched many 'default' saved flights using many 3rd party (both freeware and payware) products and have never encountered any issues.

My SOP is to save the current light at its current destination (as the default flight) so that I can resume the next flight from that location. The only time I vary this is when I load a new aircraft (I tend to fly a particular aircraft for 3-6 months before switching to another) where I will then load an initial flight in 'free' flight mode and save the new flight as the default flight

Regards

Brian

Why?.....

I fully understand when this is done by someone who is experience in the Sim, as most of us are. My thoughts are of the newbies doing the same thing. They start the "default" Friday Harbor flight with the ultralight and then switch aircraft to something like the C-172. Then they changes airports and fly from the departure airport to the arrival airport, taxi and park shutting down engines, electrical, and turning off all of the switches and setting the parking brake. Now they hit save and check the "save as default flight" box.

Now for the next flight they decide not to fly the same aircraft or from the same ending location, so they choose a 737 and want to fly to a new location. They jump into their 737 and they can't use the radios or set up the autopilot because the forgot they turned off all of the switches from their new default flight. The next thing they do is post here that their Com/Nav systems don't work.

That's why I like to treat the default flight as a sacred cow...not to be flown.

Just my tuppence worth for the day!:D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the sim will start with a "flight plan" that you had once loaded. You probably saved that flight as your default saved situation and now it will load it each time you start the sim. Create another situation, NOT a flight plan and make that your default situation by pressing the ; key. Each time you start the sim it will load that situation but not as a pre planned flight plan. If I know that I am going to do several flights from say KMSP, I will create a situation at the gate of my choice and what ever other things I may want and then use the ; key to save that as my default situation.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Archived