P3D V4 Payware aircraft- What successes have you had migrating?

vegasjon

I know many of us are still waiting t he release of 3rd party developers aircraft- I'm personally waiting for PMDG, A2A, and Carenado releases...In the meantime, I know many of you have already migrades some V3-compatible aircraft over and I was interested in hearing which ones you had success with? I did try as a test the Carenado C208 and the external textures came out ok but the cockpit didn't quite make it- There's a lot of transparent textures I imagine due to DXT3 issues maybe? Let me know what worked for you and anything else you want to add!

I don't think anyone has had much success with Carenado. I think they are a lost cause until they get around to V4ing their stuff. At least they have a head start, considering the Bonanza in V4 is from Carenado.

I tried to port the PC12 over and also got the transparent VC. That being said, I have had success with many others.

RealAir SF 260 and B-60 V2 work just fine.

All of Dino's aircraft work fine. Dino did mention something about external fuel in his blog.

The Iris PC-21 works for me.

The Orbx Van's RV-4 and Legacy aircraft work, even though Orbx doesn't support them.

VR's Van RV-8 works

The VR F9F also works

None of the Milviz stuff I have tried works. They use external dlls that will need to be upgraded.

Amazingly, the Flysimware Lear 35 seems to work. I only flew it around a little. The Flight 1 750 will not work with it, however.

I suspect most rather simple aircraft will port over.

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

the old carenado cessna 185 works, milviz bell 407, almost all fsx default planes (caravan don't work,and king don't work), real air legacy, duke and turbo duke, carenado t34, sucks to have so many carenados that wont work, i hope we get free update but i doubt it, no response from them on my last email.

So far all the Flysimware products. Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver and B-17. Amazingly the A2A B-17 and Cub for FSX. Some Older Carenado planes such as the 172, Just Flight F3F, adn F4F. Razbam Products, and the DC-10 and BAC 111 from Just Flight. Seems like about half of the Just Flight Products work and half do not.

So far all the Flysimware products. Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver and B-17. Amazingly the A2A B-17 and Cub for FSX. Some Older Carenado planes such as the 172, Just Flight F3F, adn F4F. Razbam Products, and the DC-10 and BAC 111 from Just Flight. Seems like about half of the Just Flight Products work and half do not.

So these are all installed per the SDK? You do KNOW that the install location for addon aircraft has changed with this release? How did you modify the xml.dll to accommodate your installs?

Anyone porting across aircraft and just dropping them in the SimObjects folder needs to be aware that because L-M have adopted the policy they trialled with later-version v3 builds they will NOT offer consideration for mis-installed addons in future updates and you might - just might - be creating a World of Pain in your future.

Currently the add-on.xml method is highly recommended by LM. Down the road it will be REQUIRED. While simply porting over now WILL work just fine, as both methods are supported, they WILL fail when the format changes - although that would not probably be until next full version.

It is really simple to do and one developer has made available a free tool to assist -

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

Prepar3d V4 Add On Organizer - low on the page.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

So these are all installed per the SDK? You do KNOW that the install location for addon aircraft has changed with this release? How did you modify the xml.dll to accommodate your installs?

Anyone porting across aircraft and just dropping them in the SimObjects folder needs to be aware that because L-M have adopted the policy they trialled with later-version v3 builds they will NOT offer consideration for mis-installed addons in future updates and you might - just might - be creating a World of Pain in your future.

Just installed PMDG 747 for P3Dv4 and it put it in simobject\airplanes folder.

Just like before. Are you saying PMDG are doing it wrong ?

No, they are doing it right. It's not WHERE you put it but how you put it there. They are following the LM guidlines as to add-on.xml files etc. The probl;ems come when you just COPY your FSX install to P3D. It *might* work but it also might trash your system down the road.

A good read by the headman of PMDG.....

http://www.simgazine.com/how-not-to-mess-up-a-perfectly-good-prepare3d-installation-by-robert-randazzo/

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

As Vic says it's HOW it's placed, less where it's placed. In the background there are plans to treat the default P3D folders as sacrosanct as it will vastly ease support and update issues for L-M.

At a price that wont create vast support and update issues for the user - IF THEY FOLLOW THE RULES.

No, they are doing it right. It's not WHERE you put it but how you put it there. They are following the LM guidlines as to add-on.xml files etc. The probl;ems come when you just COPY your FSX install to P3D. It *might* work but it also might trash your system down the road.

http://www.simgazine.com/how-not-to-mess-up-a-perfectly-good-prepare3d-installation-by-robert-randazzo/

It really.fo not matter how way you use to add addons to p3d. Addon xml just make it easier and can do what usual cfg files cant. For example you can add own bgl to owerwrite default scenery instead of copy that files to s enery/world/scenery. You can replace default.textures so owerwriting original files is not needed, it can replace shaders and so on.

For example rex. Rex currently overwriting files and works. With addon xml it do not need o erwrite files. If you remove whole p3d and install clear one, all will be work with new way which was unable to do with overwriting files, but if you use old method, rex will work

Odesláno z mého ALE-L21 pomocí Tapatalk

Roberts sfatement is mostly due to try eliminate support requests nothing else as you cant broke anything if you will folow his post

Roberts sfatement is mostly due to try eliminate support requests nothing else as you cant broke anything if you will folow his post

And your point is? We should ignore him because his only reason for telling you how to avoid problems is that he doesn't have too many support calls? Isn't that what ANY developer will do?

Bottom line is that his suggestions are spot on. Follow them and you will have a trouble free P3D install - AND he will have fewer tech support calls, as will LM.

Vic

P3D Rig

Has anyone got the Sibwings an-2 wotking in v4?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived