Community Update #2 Planned For Next Week

Guest lavochkin

Guest lavochkin

From Steam:

Community Update #2 Planned For Next Week

June 1 - DTG Cryss

Last week, we mentioned we were going to update Flight Sim World this week, however we've had to push it back to the end of next week to allow us to roll in some extra features. This update will focus mainly on feedback we have received from you about our aircraft, in addition to performance improvements and various other fixes.

Items confirmed for next weeks update:

Performance:

Improved performance in full screen mode for those of you running multiple monitor setups. Additionally, loading times have been improved.

PA-18 Super Cub

Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected

Reconfigured instrument panel to improve eye-line

Contact point adjustments to improve tire/ground contact

PA-28 Cherokee

Starter torque has been increased to aid cold starts

Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected

Optimizations across cockpit instrument selection models

PA-34 Seneca

Attitude functionality improvements

PA-46 Malibu Mirage

Annunciator PROP HEAT functionality corrected along with two overhead switches

External glass visibility improved

Fixed compass/dial/VOR gauge functionalities

DA40/DA42

G100- functionality improvements

Corrected tooltips

RV7

All aircraft

Gauge highlights now functional across all aircraft.

Additionally, we have implemented logic improvements across aircraft auto-pilot systems.

Additional Fixes

Addressed erroneous paths in Pro Mission editor startup

Fix crash related to use of Sidewinder 2 joysticks. Please note force feedback has been disabled for these joysticks.

ATC can now be closed with the hotkey.

Comms widget is now auto-closed if it doesn’t contain tabs.

Server name and password dialogues now sort correctly with flight planner in Multiplayer mode

Various localization fixes

Various crash fixes

We would like to thank everyone who has helped bring issues to our attention so far, and we look forward to continuing to work with you moving forward.

Remember, if you experience any issues, please contact the support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com

We look forward to sharing this update with you next week!

Thanks lavochkin, this is very good news in general, and the autopilot update in particular: "we have implemented logic improvements across aircraft auto-pilot systems". I wonder what has changed? I've been playing around with the Cherokee autopilot, and ended up downloading the KAP-140 manual from here: http://www.bendixking.com/Products/Discontinued/KAP-140

The relevant section starts at page 83 - it turns out that the FSW Cherokee's autopilot is a much more accurate simulation than the FS9 or FSX default AP's were.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I disagree. Why pay Pete a royalty if they are able to design and implement their own? I have been flight simming many years and never purchased the stand alone version of FSUIPC.

Looking forward to the update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I disagree. Why pay Pete a royalty if they are able to design and implement their own? I have been flight simming many years and never purchased the stand alone version of FSUIPC.

Looking forward to the update.

Then how does one assign different aircraft profiles for all the hardware one has without it?

FSUIPC is a tried and proven platform and users want something now and not have to wait months for something to be coded, tested and finally released to the public.

Robert

British Columbia, Canada

Pete HAS released a free as well as a paid version for P3Dv4!

FSUIPC, for me, is, and always been an essential part of simming, for my FS2004, FSX & P3D.

I love the mouse wheel trimming, and simply cannot fly without the calibration (I'm using CH Produducts yoke & pedals, & the extra key assignments that FSUIPC gives us (paid version). Instead of using the normal 'G' for gears up as well as down, I'm using a toggle switch on the yoke, & 2x keys on my keyboard. I also use different profiles for single, dual, tri & 4 engine aircraft.

It is not licensed for any of the sims, Pete develops FSUIPC for the sims as he see's fit.

Will he release it for FSW?

Just a thought, I'm not sure if anyone has tried FSUIPC5 in FSW? I'm sure that there are aircraft that are designed to use FSUIPC coding, & these will/may not be able to use any other similar add-on, without infringing copywrite.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Guest lavochkin
Pete HAS released a free as well as a paid version for P3Dv4!

FSUIPC, for me, is, and always been an essential part of simming, for my FS2004, FSX & P3D.

I love the mouse wheel trimming, and simply cannot fly without the calibration (I'm using CH Produducts yoke & pedals, & the extra key assignments that FSUIPC gives us (paid version). Instead of using the normal 'G' for gears up as well as down, I'm using a toggle switch on the yoke, & 2x keys on my keyboard. I also use different profiles for single, dual, tri & 4 engine aircraft.

It is not licensed for any of the sims, Pete develops FSUIPC for the sims as he see's fit.

Will he release it for FSW?

Just a thought, I'm not sure if anyone has tried FSUIPC5 in FSW? I'm sure that there are aircraft that are designed to use FSUIPC coding, & these will/may not be able to use any other similar add-on, without infringing copywrite.

According to Pete Dawson's forum, fsuipc5 is for p3dv4 ONLY. He will not do one for FSW. And LM came to him and helped him with the programing for fsuipc5. So, LM does not care what you use their program for.(personal or student). The way I see it. Forget the EULA. Money, Money!!!

So, LM does not care what you use their program for.(personal or student).

So then why is LM on record saying that they will NOT enter the Entertainment Software category with P3D?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

So then why is LM on record saying that they will NOT enter the Entertainment Software category with P3D?

Because they are required to say that as per their license with Microsoft. Let me ask you this, If LM doesn't want it used for entertainment while will they have a both at this years FlightSim Con? Which we all know is basically a show for the users in the entertainment side. If LM had thought only flight schools or students could use this they never would have spent the money on it they have spent as they would have never recouped their investment.

I guess I should be waiting for the software police to arrive........LOL

Let me ask you this, If LM doesn't want it used for entertainment while will they have a both at this years FlightSim Con?

Maybe because many pilots, student pilots, and those in aviation education will be there?

Yep there is no money in professional training software is there?

You can wait for whomever to arrive but remember that honestly is the best policy and we know that many don't believe in that do they?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

MS dictated that. ...because MS still had FSX at that point for "entertainment purposes" and if they'd allowed three updates of ESP to be sold for "entertainment purposes" it would have reduced the value of FSX to zero. MS figured out a way to get double-duty out of FSX with ESP. As it is they're most likely getting a royalty off FSX and FSW from DTG "for entertainment purposes" in addition to the royalty they're most likely getting off each copy of P3D sold "for non-entertainment purposes".

Guest lavochkin

Hi Jim,

Is LM taking anyone to court? It all about money, Throw the EULA in the trash.

And Why did LM contact Pete Dawson and help him with programing the fsuipc?

And don't you have to pay for each update? Show me the money!

And Why did LM contact Pete Dawson and help him with programing the fsuipc?

It's Peter Dowson, not Dawson, and how does LM working with Peter Dowson or any other 3rd party developer prove that LM are now in the Entertainment business?

LM don't have a stand at FlightSimCon btw - they are only sending one representative, to sit-in on a panel discussion on the future development of flight simulation technology.

In my opinion LM will remove the public access P3D website as soon as they are satisfied that all the hardcore simmers out there have Beta-tested P3D enough for them to make it military and aviation industry use only. Those who believe that a tiny group of computer gamers can generate more income for LM than a Defense contract are fooling no-one but themselves.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Guest lavochkin
It's Peter Dowson, not Dawson, and how does LM working with Peter Dowson or any other 3rd party developer prove that LM are now in the Entertainment business?

LM don't have a stand at FlightSimCon btw - they are only sending one representative, to sit-in on a panel discussion on the future development of flight simulation technology.

In my opinion LM will remove the public access P3D website as soon as they are satisfied that all the hardcore simmers out there have Beta-tested P3D enough for them to make it military and aviation industry use only. Those who believe that a tiny group of computer gamers can generate more income for LM than a Defense contract are fooling no-one but themselves.

Hi Tiger1962,

I respectfully disagree. Show me proof?? They all ready have a Defense contract, but I do not beleive LM will ever remove public access to p3d.

I respectfully disagree. Show me proof?? They all ready have a Defense contract, but I do not beleive LM will ever remove public access to p3d.

That's just my opinion, not a statement of fact.

The fact is that LM already have a "for non-entertainment purposes" agreement with Microsoft, whose lawyers don't take prisoners... if LM dares to ignore that agreement as you suggest they are doing, it's simply a matter of time before Microsoft takes ESP back and P3D with it or shuts the project down.

That's another reason why I think LM will pull P3D out of public access sooner or later, to avoid that risk.

Meanwhile, P3D v4 is 64-bit and is now incompatible with many existing "entertainment purposes" add-on aircraft, surely future versions will take P3D even further away from the "entertainment" market and even closer to the "industry-only" market?

Guest lavochkin
That's just my opinion, not a statement of fact.

The fact is that LM already have a "for non-entertainment purposes" agreement with Microsoft, whose lawyers don't take prisoners... if LM dares to ignore that agreement as you suggest they are doing, it's simply a matter of time before Microsoft takes ESP back and P3D with it or shuts the project down.

That's another reason why I think LM will pull P3D out of public access sooner or later, to avoid that risk.

Meanwhile, P3D v4 is 64-bit and is now incompatible with many existing "entertainment purposes" add-on aircraft, surely future versions will take P3D even further away from the "entertainment" market and even closer to the "industry-only" market?

Good Point and you may be right. Time will tell.

Archived