P3D v4 F-16

andyjohnston

Is it just me, or does the default F-16 seem to be missing some gauges? I don't have a HUD, and the two multifunction displays show nothing.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

It took me forever to get all of that on. No easy single switch. Spent a while trying all the available switches that related to HUD on the mouse-over. Not sure I can do it again. I imagine after one gets used to a real F-16 cockpit it will be easier. It took a couple of combo's to pull it off. Would be nice to get a manual on it. In the process I deployed the brake chute and gave up. :)

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Back right console contains the MFD power switches and the HUD is on the front panel. See if you can find the manual for the Aerosoft F16 - it should show them.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks Vic. Knowing what to look for I also found

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Good video!

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Gents

Link to english manual http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/f16/Manual_F16_Engl.pdf

Quick basics, Upper left rotary dial on the HUD console turns on HUD. But make sure you have the two switches on the right forward lower console, next to stick, on, then further back on the right consoles there's another 6 odd switches to flick on. Hover mouse over them to see what their function is.

Screwbottle

W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2, Core i7 4790K 4.5GHZ OC, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming5 mobo, Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU, Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1.6GHZ mem, CoolerMaster G750M 750W PSU, Zalman CNPS10X Shark Fin CPU Cooler

It seems the speedbrakes are non functional in the LM version. It is is a shame that something so needed as speed brakes went unnoticed. Hopefully, LM will fix it. Other wise we will have to wait for the Milviz F-16, which I can assure you is not on the near horizon.

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

It seems the speedbrakes are non functional in the LM version. It is is a shame that something so needed as speed brakes went unnoticed. Hopefully, LM will fix it. Other wise we will have to wait for the Milviz F-16, which I can assure you is not on the near horizon.

Aerosoft's F-16 seems to work nicely in V4. I'm not an F-16 pilot so I can't attest to its flight model but it works as good in V4 as it did in FSX. Intalled in V4 all aerosoft functions are as before. I just took a quick flight and look see, but seems to fly the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Aerosoft's F-16 seems to work nicely in V4. I'm not an F-16 pilot so I can't attest to its flight model but it works as good in V4 as it did in FSX. Intalled in V4 all aerosoft functions are as before. I just took a quick flight and look see, but seems to fly the same.

Did you try and deploy the speedbrakes?

John

Did you try and deploy the speedbrakes?

Yup. Speedbrakes worked on Aerosoft's with

the LM stock F-16 still lacking them. I should mention I installed the FSX version and not the P3d version. My areosoft exe file gives either option. To install the fsx install into version 4 you have to have a copy of the FSX.exe file in the root directory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Yup. Speedbrakes worked on Aerosoft's with

the LM stock F-16 still lacking them. I should mention I installed the FSX version and not the P3d version. My areosoft exe file gives either option. To install the fsx install into version 4 you have to have a copy of the FSX.exe file in the root directory.

Ahh, OK. I was talking about the LM version that comes with PD3 V4. I have the FSX version but figured the LM version would be the same. There I go assuming again...

John

Quickstart for the P3Dv4 default F-16... Press SHIFT-1, and select ready to fly. Boom.

Speedbrakes for the P3Dv4 default F-16... if you press and HOLD the standard speedbrake toggle key (usually "/"), it will appear to open them up. It's almost as if the F-16 doesn't respect the fact you've toggled them open, because they close immediately. If you hold the key down, it appears that you can force the issue... but you need to keep holding the key, or else they'll close right down again. It makes me think there is an axis assigned to them which is in a closed position, but I can't quite figure it out.

Hello,

Where can I find a HUD to add to a 2D panel and working in V4?

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

Hello,

Where can I find a HUD to add to a 2D panel and working in V4?

Thanks in advance

Why not just use the on in the F-16? It should be listed as a gauge in the panel cfg. Or, use one of the many working fighters in V4. The Iris PC-21 has a HUD. Deno's T-45 has a HUD...

John

As an FYI - Prepar3D v4 Hotfix 1 has just dropped, and the changelog notes that they have fixed the speedbrakes on the F-16. I haven't gone ahead and tested this, but I trust their release notes are reasonably accurate. :)

• 4 weeks later...
How do you set com/nav frequencies? How do you set the autopilot? I can't imagine a plane like this would be hand flown.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

How do you set com/nav frequencies? How do you set the autopilot? I can't imagine a plane like this would be hand flown.

All frequencies are set using the UpFront Control Panel. The numbers go into the DED scratchpad just the right of the UPCP. Aerosoft use to have information on this and other functions in their F-16 support forum.

The autopilot in the F-16 is very rudimentary. You have switches on the left of the main panel to set altitude hold and heading hold. That's it.

This model is very simple compared to the real airplane. MILVIZ is working on a F-16. However, it is still a ways out.

John

As an FYI - Prepar3D v4 Hotfix 1 has just dropped, and the changelog notes that they have fixed the speedbrakes on the F-16. I haven't gone ahead and tested this, but I trust their release notes are reasonably accurate. :)

ONLY if one installs the Content .msi.

Just the client wont do anything at all, but the content includes a lot of files that could have been overwritten by aftermarket replacements, so do the research before uninstalling the old and installing the new as you WONT be able to recover any amended files.

• 1 year later...

Speed brakes are working ok.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

The manual is here:

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16 Base\manual

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell (KDTW)