PMDG 747 Brake heat issues

klavs15

Hello, I got the PMDG 747 yesterday and I did a flight but once I landed, I got brake heat issues and my brakes failed. So I did another flight to see why would this happen and I didn't use any brakes this time and auto-braking was switched off and I still got break heat issues.

-Thanks!

I've learned from my other thread about brakes that you don't apply brakes until 80 knots and I believe you brake until 60 knots. Then apply as needed. That's my best guess.

Also, doesn't that aircraft have a brake type selection in the FMC? You could try something else.

I've learned from my other thread about brakes that you don't apply brakes until 80 knots and I believe you brake until 60 knots. Then apply as needed. That's my best guess.

Also, doesn't that aircraft have a brake type selection in the FMC? You could try something else.

i started to use the barkes after 80 kt and it kinda workded as the brakes weren't glowing hot but i did get one wheel that deflated and I also got a heat issue warning

Wow, I didn't know PMDG has a wheel deflate simulation. Well, in that case I'm wondering if your over the weight limit of the aircraft? Are you flaring?

As far as I know PMDG doesn't. FSPassengers does, as does FS2Crew though. I think that's what's might be causing the brakefailure or the blown tire. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me.

Grtz., Hans

Huh, interesting. I should get FSPassengers when I finally buy the PMDG 737NGX for FSX. I'm thinking of buying it once I complete my world tour. But I still have a lot of reading to do in a manual I downloaded for the 737 here in the library. I did fly the PMDG 737 in FS9, but I know I wasn't really following correct procedures. I do know my way around the FMC though.

IMHO, since you know your way around the FMC you should be fine with the PMDG NGX and for me the challenge is handling the correct time for Top of descent and approach speed to the correct runway and not always rely just on the FMC by not coming in to high and fast.

Yes it is but I have found it is not always accurate and I end up coming in too high and too fast ...So, now, this is just me....I start the descent usually 5-7 miles before the FMC says so...and work on the speed reduction during the descent but definitely now hit the below "250" at 10,000.

Archived