XP11 Weather Add-on

flightsimxpilot

I've been reading a LOT since getting back in to flight simming. Perhaps that's making me more confused than I should be. I know xenviro is good, some folks either hate or love SMP. I see things I like in both and don't like in the other.

Here are my questions:

1. xEnviro seems to have been quiet for the last several months. How often do they update? Also, are storms depicted? with lightening and squall lines?

2. With the update to 4.5 has SMP upped its game? I have found only a few videos and from what I see it looks pretty good...not so much with the popcorn clouds.

Just look for more opinions and to waylay my fears about the development of xEnviro before I drop my hard earned money on either.

I have used SkyMaxx Pro up until v3 and did not purchase v4 even with the reduced upgrade cost. I did not like the unrealistic sky colors, popcorn look of the clouds, and low draw distance which still do not look much improved in v4.5. I had to download different sky colors from X-Plane.org to get realistic looking sky colors.

In regards to xEnviro, I do not like the fact of needing a constant internet connection, not being able to create your own weather, and the 2D clouds. It certainly does have the best looking sky colors and cloud draw distance. Version 1.07 is supposed to have 3D clouds/particle system added, so I am going to wait for the reviews before purchasing. I would go to the xEnviro forum at X-Plane.org and ask your questions to an xEnviro team member.

I am currently using custom sky colors and the default clouds.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I I did not like the unrealistic sky colors, popcorn look of the clouds, and low draw distance which still do not look much improved in v4.5. I had to download different sky colors from X-Plane.org to get realistic looking sky colors.

It would seem that in v4.5 you can change the sky colours to something more realistic.

I suppose one may be able to change the sky colors, but am not sure with their new procedural sky box. (based on the Hosek model)

Think I will wait for Ultra Weather XP 2.0 to be released before making a decision.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Are you able to change the sky colors or add your own?

Archived