"MATS" Connie: Ford Island - Midway (FSX)

"Military Air Transport Service" Constellation on a virtual flight from Ford Island (Hawaii) to Midway.

Freeware Lockheed L-749-0 Calclassic

Freeware Ford Islands scenery :Hawaiian airports sceneries 01-03

Freeware Oahu Hawaii scenery-mesh Gottfried Radek / Bleuskies

Freeware Hawaiian Kauai scenery-mesh

Freeware Midway Atol scenery (Tiberius Kowalski)

Freeware HDE-clouds

(from my old compu)

Oh, next week Bianca and I are on a little vacation in the woods. So please don't organise any SAR actions will you! :mad:

(please click on the pics to enlarge them)

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

More pics in the reply******

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew to Midway from Barbers point in a C-130 to meet my ship doing aids to navigation work -- your series brought back memories -- was able to be in the cockpit as we landed (Academy classmate was the pilot :-)) Midway from the air in your shots looks exactly as I remembered it from that flight over 28 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Impressive set of shots Jan, everything is sharp and clear, great job!!!!! :) Great to see you posting again as well my friend. :)

You and Bianca have a great time next week and behave yourself! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the comments IL, Zippy, Macroburst and Adam! :):) These were made on my old compu, the new one is ready and I'll pick it up after our little vacation, don't look forward to reinstall everything again btw :rolleyes: I'll have to behave Adam, Bianca is a famous nose-puncher.....:eek::p
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm in the middle of the reinstall process npw; from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro 64. It's very difficult and loaded with tons of issues, which means even more tons of trouble shooting. Going through it myself, I do not envy you one bit. But by the time you return to get started, I should be finished and be in an excellent position to provide expert assistance for your procedure. Right Zippy? Right Adam?

I flew to Midway from Barbers point in a C-130 to meet my ship doing aids to navigation work -- your series brought back memories -- was able to be in the cockpit as we landed (Academy classmate was the pilot :-)) Midway from the air in your shots looks exactly as I remembered it from that flight over 28 years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1!!

That said, if anything Midway looks even smaller from the air. Back when I was there in the 60's GPS wasn't even a dream of anyone I knew who flew, including me! And finding Midway seemed, from the belly of a C-130 where peons like I could barely see out, like finding a single floating paper cup in a very large bay!!:eek::eek:

":) Means a thumbs-up for the scenery designer! (Tiberius Kowalski)" +1!!

For once I agree with you Your Peerness!! But don't let it go to your head.;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the Midway Scenery heads up, Jan! Got it and did a flight from Wheeler AAF in Hawaii to Midway. Getting this behemoth down onto the runway was fun! Wound up using only half of the runway.

Peacemaker.JPG

Peacemaker1.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That's some great scenery Jan, glad to have you back! I will warn you though, if there are no pictures of your dogs from your "vacation in the woods" I will be most angry. :mad:
Cheese War Enthusiast.

Lordy, Lordy, the Great and Noble didn't personally fly Bianca to their little rondezvous in the woods, did he? Should have known there would be a lake in the mix somewhere. He's obviously somewhat upset with this landing, just check the hot air coming from the cockpit area.

jan.jpg

Looks familiar, obviously he's back to his normal self!

Have a great vacation and wear a face mask.:)

I would slightly change that admonition. I'd say, Have a great vacation and make sure all your passengers wear a face mask!! :cool:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Folks,

What a great set and discussion - I had a couple schools I attended on Ford Island - really got a kick out of walking around the island given its history - some of the concrete buildings still had huge dimples where the bullets hit - you could put your fingers in the hole and really touch history...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Archived