Fully functional virtual cockpits?

ItaLiaNKiinG

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the flight simulator that has the most fully functional (clickable) virtual cockpits out there, graphics is not a high priority I just want the cockpit to be as realistic functioning wise as possible.. I looked at sims like FSX, P3D, etc but I can't make a decision, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Single, twin, multi engine, turbo props, GA aircraft, Boeings, Airbus, military? warbirds, vintage?

What are you looking for? PMDG, freeware? (most, will work in FSX & P3D, 32bit versions of course). Far too early to suggest any add-ons (as there are none at this stage) that will work in a 64bit sim.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

In the Microsoft based sims (FSX, P3D, etc) it's aircraft dependent, more than sim dependent. It mainly depends on how much tedious time the developer wants to spend making things work -- we usually wind up with a compromise. More development time generally = more money. So choose your aircraft carefully.

I can't speak to X-Plane, as I've not tried it for the last couple of versions.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the flight simulator that has the most fully functional (clickable) virtual cockpits out there, graphics is not a high priority I just want the cockpit to be as realistic functioning wise as possible.. I looked at sims like FSX, P3D, etc but I can't make a decision, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I dont' understand the question? Fully functioning in what sense? If all you want are windows that open and switches that move, there's plethora of choice. Not accurate, but functional.

If what you mean is fully functioning in the sense of actually doing something, and its the right `something` then, as suggested, you need to be far more specific about your type of aircraft.

The type of aircraft would be commercial airliners.. fully functional and accurate, I want the sim that has the most fully functional commercial airliners in it, I know it's a crap shoot finding which one has the most but in a opinion standpoint at least which one is the best?

The type of aircraft would be commercial airliners.. fully functional and accurate, I want the sim that has the most fully functional commercial airliners in it, I know it's a crap shoot finding which one has the most but in a opinion standpoint at least which one is the best?

Are you looking for payware aircraft like PMDG, which are not cheap but fully functional? They can be used in most Sims like FSX, FS2004 and P3D. There are lots of decently functional airliners in FSX that are free. It just takes time to look for and test.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Are you looking for payware aircraft like PMDG, which are not cheap but fully functional? They can be used in most Sims like FSX, FS2004 and P3D. There are lots of decently functional airliners in FSX that are free. It just takes time to look for and test.

That seems okay.. What do you mean by ''decently functional''?

That seems okay.. What do you mean by ''decently functional''?

"Decently functional" A VC that looks good and has a lot of switches and knobs that

actually work and perform a needed function like turning on a light or adjusting a radio frequency. Maybe not 100% of all switches work, but more than in a default aircraft.

"Decently functional" A VC that looks good and has a lot of switches and knobs that

actually work and perform a needed function like turning on a light or adjusting a radio frequency. Maybe not 100% of all switches work, but more than in a default aircraft.

Well I would like all switches to work if it's possible, what's the best freeware/payware I can get for a commercial airline? I plan on only learning one for right now, something like a 747 etc would be fine

Well I would like all switches to work if it's possible, what's the best freeware/payware I can get for a commercial airline? I plan on only learning one for right now, something like a 747 etc would be fine

The best advice I could give now is get your Sim first. Decide on the one you want, get it installed and see what comes with it. Do you even know how to fly...takeoff....land an aircraft? Practice first then spend some money on a good PMDG product.

No way for us to know what you would like. And without trying a sim you can't know either. Get fsx-se, it's pretty cheap, and try that. Some planes need a slight effort to fix a few buttons, but then even in the default planes all buttor work just fine.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

However, if you are more into airliners and VC functionality than FSX/P3D is miles ahead of x-plane, even the most hardcore x-plane fans wouldn't deny that.

Yeah I tried the x-plane demo and the way the aircraft turns in the cockpit is just ridiculous, I can't decide on either FSX or P3D. By the way I'm familiar with DCS and Orbiter space flight simulator so I'm confidant it won't take long to get the hang of things

If you have DCS then you are certainly up to the task of handling complex planes. I love the MiG21 although it's absolutely ridiculous that the flight dynamics are changing all the time. The flight dynamics are unfortunately a weak point in DCS.

Back to the topic. FSX is really old and they don't develop it any further.

P3D is the way to go IMO and it's constantly improving.

Okay sounds like a plan, P3D it is, I looked up PMDG Boeing 747 V3 which seems promising

To answer your original post it would have to be P3d v3 (I haven't tried v4). They have aircraft that are of payware quality, but not necessarily the best. FSX aircraft are very basic. They are very user friendly and pretty simple in design. Now, GA speaking the best is A2A which are needed to be purchased separately no matter what sim you purchase, FSX or P3d.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

To answer your original post it would have to be P3d v3 (I haven't tried v4). They have aircraft that are of payware quality, but not necessarily the best. FSX aircraft are very basic. They are very user friendly and pretty simple in design. Now, GA speaking the best is A2A which are needed to be purchased separately no matter what sim you purchase, FSX or P3d.

Actually PMDG costs around $120 for the 747 so in my opinion I think PMDG is the best..

In your original post you asked "I'm trying to find the flight simulator that has the most fully functional (clickable) virtual cockpits". PMDG is not a simulator. Yes it is top of the line for airliners. Reread my post.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

In your original post you asked "I'm trying to find the flight simulator that has the most fully functional (clickable) virtual cockpits". PMDG is not a simulator. Yes it is top of the line for airliners. Reread my post.

Does A2A have Boeing 747 and other models?

Archived