Need help with AIG download

liner simpilot

In the past I used WOAI to install flight planes & A/C's it was so easy. I notice that I don't see any new AI flight planes from them (WOAI). I open up TTools installer and see my previous installed. I opened up the AIG file that I put on my desktop read the readme file, the file said you can install using TTools. It also mention using aifp2100.zip from AVSIM, looked it up cannot find there. I don't understand how to install this AIG file. Any help would greatly be appreciated, please bare with me. Thanks Kenny

See below image

AIG file folder.jpg

AIG Flt plan file

Hi,

You can find the latest version of AIFP HERE.

Basically, to install the AIG file you need to load the Flightplan .txt file and compile it into a .bgl traffic file. In AIFP it is a very simple task. Simply use the menu system (File > Open Flight Plan File (.txt or .zip) option), select and load the required Flighplans_.txt file, and then compile.......

The accompanying manual is not light reading (at 81 pages) BUT it is well structured and it is very easy to find and follow a specific part of the guide if you only want to find out how to do something on a Ad Hoc basis

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian, I will give it a try. I wish WOAI would create new flight plans as it was easy to install them. I might be returning here for some help so I am giving heads up, as this is new territory (AIFP). Kenny

I just went that site, I noticed that they have the manual for TTools, I have been reading it, there are broken links so not sure what they are about. In my previous time using TTools, I have AIG installed using TTools I have American Airlines but it is the older looking, I want to install the new AA, do I need to delete somehow the old one before installing the new one? Or will it override the old one. Thanks again. Kenny

Hi Kenny,

AIFP and TTools are both utilities which will help the process but their is a bit more manual intervention with AIFP and then a bit more with TTools.

I am not new to AI but relatively new to AIFP and would recommend it as the best way to manage and install plans. The user manual for AIFP is pretty comprehensive but very useful too.

With regards to replacing existing airlines you will need to install new plans (using one the utilities mentioned above) and new aircraft liveries reflecting the Upto date AA fleet.

Once you have these installed you can remove the old files and the older aircraft won't display.

Each airline installed should have a .bgl file in FS9/scenery/world/scenery and be named Traffic.*airlinename*.bgl (or along those lines).

I would recommend AIFP especially with AIG flight plans as they are designed to be installed and used with AIFP and make the install process quite straightforward when you have the basics.

With an airline like AA their are multiple aircraft types and liveries so might not be the most straight forward to try first so have a look at the download library and pick maybe a straightforward airline (with low number of aircraft and one you maybe dont have already) and use that to play about with and get the basics with AIFP. That way you can test when you have installed the aircraft shows up in FS!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kenny,

As Nick has comprehensively answered your Q regarding what to do about older models I won't add any thing to it. However, something for you to consider that may make 'controlling' your traffic files eaiser is this.

You don't need to install into the often recommended default location of FS9/scenery/world/scenery. All that is required is that the .bgl file is located in an active and correctly formatted folder. This can be inside or outside of the sim and as long as the traffic>filename>.bgl is located in a sub-folder called scenery it will function correctly. Activate the folder as normal in the FS2004 scenery setting page by navigating to it location.

My personal preference is outside of the sim in a folder structure that suits my needs. I have done this for years in both FS2004 and FSX with no issues and actually store the vast majority of addon scenery (less some payware that will only install into a default sim location) and all traffic files in this manner.

WRT to traffic files I use a series of folders based on country so my folder structure looks like this:

D:\Traffic Files\\Scenery\

Regards

Brian

Thanks to you Nick & Brian for your help. I am not too computer knowledgeable when it comes to some things. That is why several years ago came WOAI using TTools utility as is was easy to use. Now I am looking and reading the manual for AIFP, it seems complicated but I also would like to update various Flt plans, A/C's too. I will have to keep reading the manual on AIFP, maybe it will make sense out of it. WOAI seemed to be easy as I clicked on one thing & it installed in the right place. Kenny

AIFP has the distinctive advantage checking to see if all of the required components of a flight plan are present such the correct models. It also has a schedule interface to edit or just check an aircraft's schedule.

AIFP was developed for the AIG group to make their development and modifications more efficient by error checking and useful interfaces.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived