Tree textures

jackryan

Hi all,

has anybody heard of the textures listed in the passage below:

"tree textures from Ing.arch.Petra Bednáøe and Airport 2.xx in your FS20 ** / texture"

I have figured out the second part are the standard airport 2.x textures in the /fs9/texture directory but I have never heard of the Petra Bednáøe textures. This is for the Vodochody airport from the flightsim.cz. Below are screen shots showing the missing textures. Any guidance would be helpful as the Cz site forums are impossible to decipher for me.

Thanks,

Sean

fs9 2017-05-22 17-16-13-59.jpg

fs9 2017-05-22 17-16-06-31.jpg

Airport 2 is the scenery design program which Petra Bednáøe created the scenery with. It probably uses the usual scenery libraries such as Rwy12, EZ-Scenery etc. which are all available in the library here.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Not that this will help the OP but I'm having a similar problem with LKVY (Vyskov) and also handicapped by not being able to fully translate the installation instructions. I have the Rwy 12 and EZ libraries installed plus any other tree textures that I could find but still end up with the white blocks. Also,this scenery is,I think, the work of a different creator.

JP

The missing tree textures are from a set of macro trees by Peter (Petr) Bednar. They are in the texture folder for Bohuňovice (LKBO) here: http://www.flightsim.cz/fsitem.php?act=exe&id=509&lan=&menu=1

Copy and paste the 6 vf_tree textures into your airport's texture folder and you're good to go.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I hope the Bednar trees solve the problem for the OP. I already have them installed but am still getting the white blocks in LKVY so maybe they are something other than trees in this scenery...or I have done something wrong during the installation.Thanks for the advice and the link though. Anyway I don't want to risk high jacking this thread so over and out.

JP

I hope the Bednar trees solve the problem for the OP. I already have them installed but am still getting the white blocks in LKVY so maybe they are something other than trees in this scenery...or I have done something wrong during the installation.Thanks for the advice and the link though. Anyway I don't want to risk high jacking this thread so over and out.

JP

The white blocks could be the air museum static aircraft. Here's how I would install this scenery:

autogen folder - move the contents of the texture folder in here to your FS9 texture folder.

scenery folder - move the contents into your FS9 scenery folder.

scenery_fs9 folder - move to your Addon Scenery folder as normal.

scenery_fsx folder - ignore!

texture folder - move the contents into your FS9 texture folder.

I see from another site that the OP had his problem solved ...it was indeed the other tree set.

Meanwhile...I have followed the above installation suggestions but still no luck. Comparing what I am getting with the screen shots that come with the LKVY download, it would seem that my white and grey boxes are not just trees (and some trees do appear perfectly OK) but also buildings and other objects. I do have the aircraft but all without textures.

It doesn't seem from what I can understand of the Czech language installation instructions that any other scenery or objects libraries are required and I have not been able to find any other queries relating to this scenery. Therefore I must conclude that the fault is with me in that I must still be doing something wrong. I'm not going to be obsessive about it but installing (as distinct from creating) most FS2004 scenery ,regardless of country of origin, isn't exactly rocket science and I'm annoyed with myself that, for whatever reason, this one so far seems to be beating me !!

Thanks anyway for advice.....maybe that "doh" breakthrough will still come.

JP

Archived