Fsuipc

Guest lavochkin

Guest lavochkin

After seeing aircraft and scenery for FSX. Then FSUIPC will work if it is converted to 64 bit .DLL file. maybe?

And FSW has simconnect.DLL also. Steam/steamapps/common/FSW/x86/simconnect.dll

After seeing aircraft and scenery for FSX. Then FSUIPC will work if it is converted to 64 bit .DLL file. maybe?

And FSW has simconnect.DLL also. Steam/steamapps/common/FSW/x86/simconnect.dll

You need read Pete Dowson's comments on the future of FSUIPC for 64-bit applications. And judged by your comments on Pete's own forum you need a far better understanding of Simconnect, what it does, and how it has almost nothing to do with FSUIPC.

To answer your question: FSUIPC cannot be simply `converted`, it will require almost complete re-writing for it to work with a 64bit app. And PD doesn't think he will.

Personally, If I were the developer I'd have put getting Pete Dowson on board FAR above tying up with the likes of Carenadao/Alabeo, given how vital FSUIPC has been in the development of aftermarket addons for the FSX and P3D platforms.

Guest lavochkin
Thanks, for now FSUIPC is a lost cause. It is going to be interesting to see where FSW goes. I will give it a year. If FSW is a bust,then decide on x-plane or prepar3d if they go 64 bit.

Guest lavochkin
XP 11 is 64 bit only, right now.

Hi Jim,

I know, I worded it wrong. I was refering to prepar3d going 64 bit.

Thanks for keeping me straight.

I would switch to xplane now if FSPassenger would work with it. So I will stick with FS2004 and FSpassenger and my website with my flight records. If Dan would make a 64 bit FSpassenger.DLL, I think it would work with FSW. Maybe?

Rick

I saw a promotional video of 64-bit P3D.

Regret to say this - but scenery-wise it all still looked FSX to me (even though technically speaking P3D is based on ESP and not FSX). The real Achilles' heel of both P3D and FSW is the outdated scenery engine.

The move to 64-bit should have been the opportunity to completely overhaul this - or perhaps even to start from scratch.

I saw a promotional video of 64-bit P3D.

Regret to say this - but scenery-wise it all still looked FSX to me (even though technically speaking P3D is based on ESP and not FSX). The real Achilles' heel of both P3D and FSW is the outdated scenery engine.

The move to 64-bit should have been the opportunity to completely overhaul this - or perhaps even to start from scratch.

As you know, P3D is not for entertainment use, being a military training aid. There's no reason why LM should include your house in the default scenery, civilian targets are off-limits! LM have instead laid the foundation for more advanced scenery from add-on developers, who are eager to exploit these advances.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As you know, P3D is not for entertainment use, being a military training aid. There's no reason why LM should include your house in the default scenery, civilian targets are off-limits! LM have instead laid the foundation for more advanced scenery from add-on developers, who are eager to exploit these advances.

I am aware that LM are not in show business, but how does 64-bit P3D allow 3rd party developers to produce better sceneries than those (default and/or add-on) in XP11 given that XP has been 64-bit for quite a while now?

BTW, this is not about "my sim is better than yours". But until evidence to the contrary, it seems to me that both P3D and FSW rely on a mostly outdated scenery engine. Even MS Flight, although still solidly grounded in that same MS ESP engine, looked a lot better by default, and to a large part because a lot of the code got rewritten (and BTW, MS Flight was definitely not 64-bit).

Guest lavochkin

Now perpar3d going 64 bit. Someone will come up with a fsuipc to work with 64 bit. Mr. Dawson will not do it. Someone else will see the money in it and make one up. The name will be different. Trust me before the end of the year a 64 bit fsuipc will show up. Too much money to be had to pass this one up.

happy flying!

Whenever I use FSRealWX with P3D and have it set to connect using both FSUIPC and Simconnect, it crashes P3D. Connecting with Simconnect only, no problem. This is the only P3D add-on I have which even has the option to use FSUIPC, the rest use one of the four versions of Simconnect needed for backward compatibility with FSX add-ons.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Slightly off-topic and just purely for information, as it tends to be a commonly made mistake, ESP is based on FSX and not the other way around:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/developers/Pages/

"Built on the core technology behind Flight Simulator X, Microsoft ESP is a visual simulation platform...". So, technically speaking, P3D is based on FSX.

I stand corrected. Thank you for setting things straight.

Now perpar3d going 64 bit. Someone will come up with a fsuipc to work with 64 bit. Mr. Dawson will not do it. Someone else will see the money in it and make one up. The name will be different. Trust me before the end of the year a 64 bit fsuipc will show up. Too much money to be had to pass this one up.

happy flying!

Pete Dowson has already announced he WILL be developing FSUIPC 5 for P3D 64-bit. I haven't seen any mention of compatibility with FSW yet, but then I'm not looking as FSW is no longer on my radar.

Guest lavochkin
Pete Dowson has already announced he WILL be developing FSUIPC 5 for P3D 64-bit. I haven't seen any mention of compatibility with FSW yet, but then I'm not looking as FSW is no longer on my radar.

Mr. Dawson is not interested in FSW or X-Plane, And yes he is working on a fsuipc5 for p3dv4. This comes from his forum.

Archived