Installing FSX Addon Scenery into Flight Sim World!

DrawyahGames

Evening guys,

I'm back with another FSW modding tutorial! Earlier I showed off how to install aircraft into the simulator? This time I've got Addon Scenery! Feel free to watch the video below explaining how to install any FSX scenery into the simulator.

If you aren't a fan of videos, you can instead read the guide I have made below which explains each step with pictures!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929612810

This is the code that you'll require for the scenery.cfg.

[Area.X]

Title=@IDS_AREA[X+1]_[NAME]

Local=Addon Scenery\[sCENERY FOLDER]

Layer=[X+1]

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

I have been meaning to ask this last time.

DTG would only allow distribution of FSW add-ons via their own channel or via Steam.

But they allow third party developers to sell FSX add-ons through their own distribution channels, circumventing Steam and DTG.

And DTG cannot prevent users from using your methods to incorporate FSX add-ons in DTG FSW.

So, how does that work?

DTG would only allow distribution of FSW add-ons via their own channel or via Steam.

But they allow third party developers to sell FSX add-ons through their own distribution channels, circumventing Steam and DTG.

And DTG cannot prevent users from using your methods to incorporate FSX add-ons in DTG FSW.

So, how does that work?

To be fair if you followed the chats on the steam forums, they may not have expected anyone who actually knows how to use Notepad, Copy and Paste! xD

On a more serious note, this is more something they cannot fully manage. With scenery files, it's very much as simple as copy and pasting in the FSX files as I did, and editing a config. Aircraft will also be a little more difficult to manage as it requires the x64 bit .DLL files, but with the release of P3D v4 soon, this may also soon become mainstream anyway. Speaking to Dovetail Cryss about it, he accepts that modding is the main reason for the future of any flight simulator, why Dovetail will not say anything themselves about these 'discoveries' we have made. :P

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Hi I followed your instructions and copied Tongass Fjords x over to FSW. It is working but there are trees where the water should be, and some default runway textures showing through. ounce you flt away from the airport it looks great. Any ideas?

thanks

Great work!

Thanks for this info, I was able to get some scenery installed. If I can figure out how get all the various aircraft to work for me, FSW may just end up replacing P3D!

2017-5-21_19-22-38-144.jpg

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

So, how does that work?

DTG could prevent users from doing this. The question is, if they will. "Early access", right? Checking out where a door was left open?

But seriously, I never understood why DTG (or LM for that matter) look kindly upon breaches of their own licenses. Why set up rules, if you don't follow them up with sanctions? Every serious software house shakes their head at this - or are laughing their a**es off. If it really came to a legal dispute one day because of a large scale infringement, what would the judge say? Most likely "well, guys, you did nothing for years, against thousands upon thousands of incidents. And now you suddenly complain?"

For anyone interested, the EULA is in your main FSW directory. Have a read of chapters 10 (10.1.b,c especially), 11, 14 and 16. You did agree to this when you installed FSW.

Guest lavochkin

Evem,

I agree with what you said. It comes down to money. What would happen if DTG or LM go after people? Their sim would die and they would lose a lot of money. Money drives everything in todays world.

Unless you alter the program and try to re sell it under a different name, then your in for a fight. Once you buy the program, no cares what you do with it as long you do not re sell it.

Evem,

I agree with what you said. It comes down to money. What would happen if DTG or LM go after people? Their sim would die and they would lose a lot of money. Money drives everything in todays world.

Unless you alter the program and try to re sell it under a different name, then your in for a fight. Once you buy the program, no cares what you do with it as long you do not re sell it.

DTG yes, LM not so much. P3D is a tiny projects in that company. They can make more in one single individual sim project for a commercial customer where they are paid by the hour than with 5000 Academic licenses.

Edit: let me rephrase that. 100.000 people buying P3D Professional every year would make a revenue stream of $20 million, right? 20 mil is 0.04% of the total revenue of Lockheed Martin, which is $46 billion. I somehow doubt though that the revenue from P3D is actually that high, so they continually stay under the radar.

I still don't get it why they accept the loss of face, of reputation, with regard to their professional customers and the rest of their business. I mean, imagine this as a headline: "Company XY doesn't care about their own licensing rules"...

But unlicensed sales and freeware will kill FSW just as dead, if the business plan was based on selling a lot of DLC.

In my defence, I have been a professional software developer for many years and I am now in law enforcement. So my views may be a little bit too strict.

• 4 weeks later...
hey m8 this happens what I suggest you do is get a freeware afcad file and place it one priority below your main addon scenery this helps get rid of the extra runway and get ai working well. I cant get world of AI working fsx says its not a flight sim world aircraft what a shame.

Archived