I think I may have a Boeing 737-800 working on FSW!

DrawyahGames

Hey guys, messing around with the Flight Sim World files, I have been able to port over a Boeing 737-800 to the new simulator! This is something I didn't expect to work, so I'm surprised with the end result! Could this be the FIRST jet airliner video for this simulator? I can only hope... 😂

I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to do this or if I've broken any EULAs by doing this but I'm only having a little fun, and doing something I don't think anyone else really expected can be done just yet! It also does mean that there may be an easy way to convert FSX add-on aircraft into Flight Sim World, something I will definitely investigate further into.

EDIT: I can in fact confirm how I've done this. Feel free to follow this little tutorial on how to convert basically every FSX aircraft onto Flight Sim World. 😄

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Well now that's interesting...obviously it's not working 100% but it does open up the possibility of porting over a whole lot of existing aircraft which means the sim can grow a whole lot faster than if things had to be created from scratch.

The only problem with FSX aircraft is the gauge .DLL files. Since these are compiled in x32 bit, they will not work with FSW which requires this in x64 bit. If someone finds a way to convert this since this will most likely be the case with P3D v4 also, then the modding community will most likely come to life with this simulator.

• Founder
Simply converting the gauges may not be possible, but the people who originally developed them can recompile them as 64 bit files. That's the right way to do it and I would think many developers would be interested in a new market for their products.

Simply converting the gauges may not be possible, but the people who originally developed them can recompile them as 64 bit files. That's the right way to do it and I would think many developers would be interested in a new market for their products.

But not if they port them over with all the same defects inherited from previous efforts - I noticed for example that ALL the faults of the DA42 have been carried over from Carenado FSX/P3D versions. If these are just placeholders as part of the `Eerily Adapted` framework, that's one thing, but these are being touted as complete by DTG, not `work in progress`, so I'm dubious.

Nobody needs a new prettified FSX that carries over the faults of FSX and adds a batch of new ones of their own...

• 2 weeks later...
If you add the Extra 300S and the C172 Skyhawk, it will add those planes to the traffic!

I've noticed that with a few other FSX payware aircraft too such as the JF Gloster Meteor and the A2A Cessna. I'm hoping to contact Dovetail Games about this, but they have just ignored me that this point which is understandable since it's a question about modding on a game that essentially doesn't support it!

• 1 month later...
Ingenious, so it is compatible after all. Thank you for sharing.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived