Fs2004 pmdg 737ng

HornetAircraft

Is this a good representation of your cockpit? It looks like just a cover panel and not a display. Is there any documentation that describes this panel/display? You might take a look through your panel.cfg and see if you can identify that panel/display according to the position coordinates and see what it's called. In my default and freeware 737s that area is used as a duplicate EICAS display.

737 display.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

yes. that is exactly what it looks like. I have looked in the .cfg and have found nothing, that and the buttons and knobs controlling it do not function.

Can you show both a screenshot of the cockpit pointing out the control knobs for that panel and your panel.cfg?

Hi,

It depends on how you have configured the EICAS display, from the Options menu.

As shown in the screenshot, the lower display is not available, the EICAS is in Side By Side mode.

For the lower display to work, choose the Over/Under mode, then press the SYS or ENG button on the main panel.

It's all in the TITLE_AND_MENUS_737.pdf doc.

Regards, DDP.

thank you. I will try that out and see if it works. also, is there an update to make some of the overhead 3D? I use the pmdg when flying ivao Multiplayer when near other aircraft, and the ifly when online not with other planes, or in an event. anyway, i have seen photos with the pmdg with an overhead in 3D, but have had no luck getting a file for it

Just press the S key and you're in VC view, where your screenshot was taken from.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

When I flew that 737 in FS2004 I never had a center console ND. The 737NGX for FSX does and that one is waaaay better. I have yet to purchase it, but do plan on it. There's also a great manual here in the library you should read. File name: ngxtutorialv1.zip

Do check that out and YouTube the 737 NGX. You'll quickly see why it's better than FS2004's counterpart.

I have the Ifly for fs9 too, and i mainly use that one, but the PMDG 737NGX reings supreme for fsx and prepared

Not really. I have the NGX as well in my barely used FSX. The iFly has more (Important) options and a little more realism because of this.

I'd even rank the FS9 iFly 737 above the FSX NGX quite easily. The iFly is hugely underrated in this regard.

Not really. I have the NGX as well in my barely used FSX. The iFly has more (Important) options and a little more realism because of this.

I'd even rank the FS9 iFly 737 above the FSX NGX quite easily. The iFly is hugely underrated in this regard.

Fascinating, thank you for that. Has it got a 3D Overhead and how do you access it?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197906[/ATTACH]

you can see in the upper right corner, there are 3D buttons on the overhead. Does anyone know how to get these?

(thanks mrzippy :D )

I did a search for the 3D overhead for an FS2004 PMDG 737. One post from AVSIM went as follows:

"pressing the panel icon for the overhead" When the question was asked "Where do I find said ICON" The answer was "Read the manual"!;)

Has what got a 3D overhead? Which one? And by 3D do you mean VC overhead or 2D overhead?

Read post #1 mate.

My bad, it was post #7 - I think the OP is looking for the VC Overhead, the only 3D panels available are in the VC.

Agreed, it could also be that the switches are 3D in the FSX version, but not the FS9 version.

Well, not to worry! He has now blown up his Sim by adding the weird scenery that gave the machine language error codes. Kinda make me wonder where he got those and the PMDG aircraft??:confused::rolleyes:

Archived