Flight Sim World

Guest lavochkin

Any indication on price yet?

Will probably check out at the weekend due to work shifts rest of the week. Will be interesting to see if they've included some of our favourite "extreme" airports - Lukla, Skardu (I just made it out of there with the LDS767 yesterday evening in FS9), Aspen and of course Queenstown!

Vern.

From Steam....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389280/Flight_Sim_World/

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development

Why Early Access?

“The current flight sim space is a fountain of experience and expertise, and Early Access is our way of drawing upon that knowledge to make Flight Sim World the best it can be. We will have a better, stronger simulation platform if we collaborate with you on the future of this project.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We intend to roll out planned features over the next three to four months. This includes time to discuss and implement your valuable feedback. That being said, we're not setting any hard limits on how long we will be in this phase. When it’s ready, it’s ready!”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“During Early Access, we plan to roll out additional features, some of which will have an immediate impact on gameplay while others will provide the necessary extensions for future plans. Ultimately, our criteria for leaving the Early Access program is for Flight Sim World to be a stable platform upon which you are able to build the flight experience you want.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“Flight Sim World is very much still in development. There are still more features and gameplay options which need to be implemented over the next few months which we are excited to share with you as they are made available.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The Early Access version of Flight Sim World is priced lower than the full release. This reflects the amount of content that will be added over the coming months and also makes it a good time for you to get involved in the Early Access process.

Price will change during the Early Access period, however this is largely subject to incoming features.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We want to give you the chance to be part of a hobby you are passionate about, while harnessing your knowledge and expertise to make Flight Sim World the best that it can be. We will be releasing updates and interacting with you regularly to test ideas, resolve issues, and help guide us in the right direction.”

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Sam. £19.00 basically the price of a few beers so worth the gamble. My only nagging doubt remains the lack of any jetliners or any real indication these will follow in the full release. They need to be in the early access/beta as proof of concept, even if the systems are basic default FS style and performance/dynamics.
Vern.

Mighty expensive beer you're drinking there, Vern! That pub better have good looking serving wenches! ;)

You haven't seen the price of beer in British pubs... :)

Twice the price of a decent craft beer in bottles from the supermarket.

Two or three pints plus a decent fish and chips to soak it up then! (And a non alcoholic drink + salad for the missus).

Vern.

Two or three pints plus a decent fish and chips to soak it up then! (And a non alcoholic drink + salad for the missus).

You get off cheap!! The missus around here is very fond of vintage port!!:eek::eek:

BTW: I'll take a lid pumped straight from the cellar in preference to bottled beer any day!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ah! Adding food to the fray! A little vinegar for the fish, but can I get some ketchup for the fries.....Uh, chips?:rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am definitely purchasing FSW for that low price! I think it has a lot of potential for some fun flying.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Ah! Adding food to the fray! A little vinegar for the fish, but can I get some ketchup for the fries.....Uh, chips?:rolleyes:

Definitely "chips" in the UK - fries are potato crisps here. And vinegar, but no salt these days.

Back on topic I'm also keen to see whether that other infamous dangerous airport - Kai Tek - will be included. Not as much fun in a turboprop as a 747, though. Lost track of how many times the HK authorities had to replace the chequerboard, thanks to me...

Vern.

I'm sure, that as it is an early access/beta version, there will be only a very few detailed airports. It is said that Orbx ground textures will be used, so that will be better( Maybe), but detailed & special airports will, I'm sure, be add-ons at a later stage.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yep, as downloadable DLC!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

There are a couple of threads over at Avsim reporting initial feedback...

Score at present seems to be Fanbois 1 1 Doubters

Think I am definitely holding back now as even early access it sounds like it's little more than tarted up FSX but with more wrinkles and no jets.

Vern.

• Founder

Just spent a couple of hours flying it.

It works, despite my less that adequate video card. Unfortunately, because of my video card all the settings are on low so I'm not really seeing things to their full glory.

That said, the two planes I've tried seemed reasonable in flight, the interface is pretty easy to figure out, and it actually started up and just worked right away without having to tweak any settings. My joystick just immediately worked though I've got more buttons I can configure to make it better.

Don't forget, this is "early access" so this is still an unfinished product. Despite that I'm not seeing any major problems so far.

Don't forget, this is "early access" so this is still an unfinished product. Despite that I'm not seeing any major problems so far.

Probably its biggest problem right now is that it won't persuade many existing MSFS/P3D users to make the switch, let alone XP11 users.

But if FSW attracts a new bunch of young simmers, so much the better.

Archived