Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Add-On Scenery Questions

Default Add-On Scenery Questions

I recently purchased and installed Mega-Scenery Washington V3. When I go into the settings and scenery I see it listed there and have moved it to the top of the list using the arrow buttons on the side. My question is whether I need to do anything else to actually use the scenery. There are two airports that I am very familiar with and they don't really look like the real thing. Now I know that there is add-on software for specific airports but should these airports in the state I purchased look fairly close to the real thing? Also, the rest of the scenery looks good but I don't know that it's as fantastic as it appeared in the pictures and video that made me want to purchase it. I have FSX installed on a second drive on my PC and I did steer the installer to it so I believe that it is finding it, especially since I see it inside FSX. I just don't know that it's using it.

thanks...

Unless otherwise posted in the advertisement for the addon, the airports will usually remain unchanged. What 2 airports are you interested in?

Also keep in mind that the pics or videos you see in an advert will be heavily edited and enhanced to achieve it's goal of a sale! Cha-ching goes the cash register!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

The two airports are Paine Field in Everett, KPAE, and Harvey Field in Snohomish, and I don't remember the identifier right off the top of my head. I live very close to Harvey and go by it every weekend and have flown out of Paine and work by it. I'm just familiar and know they don't look like the ones in FSX. The runways information and some things like the fact that Harvey has both a paved runway and parallel grass one is good but the buildings aren't right. I would like to have a realistic version of Paine Field since when I want to try instrument flying that's the place I'd fly in and out of.

Also, I wondered if they "touched up" the pictures but figured it was still probably nicer than the stock scenery in FSX.

Maybe this download in the File Library might just twist yer turnips!

SX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Seattle Airports
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: seafsxms.zip
    Size: 2,602,847 Date: 12-12-2009 Downloads: 5,153

FSX Scenery--Seattle Airports, Washington (WA). A revision of the default Seattle-Tacoma (SeaTac), Boeing Field, Renton and Paine Field airports to work with MegaScenery Earth. The artificial plateau that Seatac is built on has been expanded and the third runway added. Runways, taxiways and various structures have been revised and/or relocated to match MegaScenery Earth ground textures. Default objects have been used in most cases to minimize FPS impact. MegaScenery Earth Washington-001 (KSEA, KBFI, KRNT) and -002 (KPAE) are required. By Al Wheeler.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thank you. It appears there's a lot to learn and find on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by DKPilot View Post
    Thank you. It appears there's a lot to learn and find on this site!
    If you can't find what you want...just ask!

Oh... back to my original question, do I need to do anything else in FSX to have it use the add-on software? I was probably just expecting more than it's able to do.

Thanks.

I recently purchased and installed Mega-Scenery Washington V3. When I go into the settings and scenery I see it listed there and have moved it to the top of the list using the arrow buttons on the side. My question is whether I need to do anything else to actually use the scenery. There are two airports that I am very familiar with and they don't really look like the real thing. Now I know that there is add-on software for specific airports but should these airports in the state I purchased look fairly close to the real thing? Also, the rest of the scenery looks good but I don't know that it's as fantastic as it appeared in the pictures and video that made me want to purchase it. I have FSX installed on a second drive on my PC and I did steer the installer to it so I believe that it is finding it, especially since I see it inside FSX. I just don't know that it's using it.

thanks...
    Should come with a full set of instructions. Have you read the manual?

Oh... back to my original question, do I need to do anything else in FSX to have it use the add-on software? I was probably just expecting more than it's able to do.

Thanks.
    Nothing more than what the install instructions say in the README file. Most scenery downloads are either added to the Addon Scenery folder and then added to the Sim through the Scenery Library or simply placed in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and then the area is added the next time FSX is started.

You likely know this. But a thing to watch for, is a :building a new data base: . If you add a area in the scenery library, after clicking ok, if you see a bar saying "Building a new data base" then you know that area has been added.
    If you have added some BGL's to your addon scenery/scenery, the next time you start FSX you should see this bar adding the new scenery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast