At my wills end for the website...but....

darrenvox

I don't mean that I hate it I just mean that today I went there and it's showing up with images missing, and if all weird and stuff.

I have cleared the history of the browser and closed and reopened it and still is coming up like this ....

0b8b6f04458a32e2682bf78b524a6b2e.jpg

And I asked some friends if they were able to see it the same way but they said it worked fine for them...

Here's a photo of what it currently looks like, don't blame you for this cause it's not your fault just don't know where to turn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this problem and this is what I did to correct it. Go into your settings and set the board skin to flightsim. My account-general settings-Miscellaneous Options-forum skin. I set the skin to flight sim and it cleared the problem up. Let me know if this works for you like it did me.

MissGhost

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea that menu even existed.

I had something very similar a little while ago wrong with the displaying of threads. Tried many changes in

my browser, and my pc, but never found out what fixed it.

(Almost felt as if it fixed itself.)

That was the following thread. (just in case it would help someone later. For me the forum is fine again now.)

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?305369-Problems-with-formatting-on-every-quot-Forum-quot-page-(FSX-forum-for-example)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3Green, the change on Flightsim.com was that it went over to https.

Update your links/shortcuts in your browsers.

Clear your cookies and cache.

Those are the basic steps we all had to take at the time. Do it in all browsers.

Then have a look at the link I gave below, quite a few things in there to try.

Maybe also make sure also that your pc has SSL switched on. (In IE-11 in Options--InternetOptions--Advaned)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm experiencing no problems, pages load instantly.

This is just a quick sample....Maybe Rick will see this also! I am on the "New Posts" page and clicked on PAH by peer01 and it just sat there for a couple of minutes displaying what I have arrows pointing to. The displays are correct but nothing much else happens. It will eventually go to the forum thread I clicked on.

screenshot.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Whaattt, you still heating up that old z80 cp/m with 64K? Remember Bill Gates

said that would be more than enough?:cool:

Anyway, like the help page says, send me a traceroute! It's probably your ad blocker

slowing you down!

Blue skies!

3Green, the change on Flightsim.com was that it went over to https.

Update your links/shortcuts in your browsers.

Clear your cookies and cache.

Those are the basic steps we all had to take at the time. Do it in all browsers.

Then have a look at the link I gave below, quite a few things in there to try.

Maybe also make sure also that your pc has SSL switched on. (In IE-11 in Options--InternetOptions--Advaned)

ive done all of this, and it still takes forever to load. iPad, laptop or desktop, all the same. Click-->wait-wait-then wait some more. Finally after a very long time, the forums will load.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I said earlier I'm not really sure which of the thing I did eventually fixed it.

At the moment, when I click a link on a page (or a shortcut in browser) I the page loads at a "normal speed". 2 or 3 seconds or so.

In the 'tab' (at the top of that page), I do see the wheel keeps spinning for another 8 seconds or so, but the page is fully usable during that time.

It's been like that since the end of the other thread. At the time I tried everything I could think of, so I have no other suggestions I'm afraid. Sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whaattt, you still heating up that old z80 cp/m with 64K? Remember Bill Gates

said that would be more than enough?:cool:

Anyway, like the help page says, send me a traceroute! It's probably your ad blocker

slowing you down!

Blue skies!

Here is a tracert result for you. Something is certainly amiss...

Doug

tracert.jpg

Your end to end time doesn't look bad. I did notice sometimes you got

60+ milliseconds in an intermediate. This hop is Roger Communications

in Canada. We have several people who have them as their ISP and

are having problems. I have been personally trying to contact them to help

resolve the problem.

Also, the message "Request timed out" is only bad if nothing follows it.

Many servers don't honor pings and traceroutes because it would cause

too high a load.

Here is the info for their customers:

OrgName: Rogers Communications Canada Inc.

OrgId: RCC-184

Address: 333 Bloor Street East 9th Floor

City: Toronto

StateProv: ON

PostalCode: M4W 1G9

RegDate: 2016-10-26

Updated: 2017-01-28

Ref: https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/RCC-184

OrgTechHandle: LEEEL11-ARIN

OrgTechName: Lee, Elsa

OrgTechPhone: +1-416-561-0126

OrgTechEmail: elsa.lee@rci.rogers.com

OrgTechRef: https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/LEEEL11-ARIN

Actually, my end to end time is terrible. I ran those tests with the timeout value set to 60 seconds, not 60 milliseconds. tracert takes 3 minutes to complete at that setting.

If you're confident this is a Rogers problem, I will certainly take it up with them, but it is at the hop immediately preceeding flightsim.com. My gut feeling was that it was your host that has the bad router.

Doug

I've been reading for days about issues with speed on this site. I use TWC and Firefox and haven't had a problem in months. In fact this is one of the fastest sites I regularly use.

I'm not trying to brag. I just think there must be other issues involved here than just this site. It works great for me!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Rick,

So I called Rogers. Twice. They're idiots. They are only willing to troubleshoot my cable modem, even though i explained that the same problem is occurring on my cell phone and work internet access point. 3 different Rogers access points, all with the same issue.

I hope you can get through to them. They don't want to listen to their customers. LOL.

Doug

Actually, my end to end time is terrible. I ran those tests with the timeout value set to 60 seconds, not 60 milliseconds. tracert takes 3 minutes to complete at that setting.

Doug

You can set the timeout to whatever you want, but the pictures below

show end to end of 14 or 15 milliseconds which is very good. It also

suggests you are being throttled.

Check this out: http://winmtr.net/

1) http://dfs1.flightsim.com/speedtest/mini

2) http://www.speedtest.net (general internet speedtest server)

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly there must be a problem with either your rig or ISP.

I have not had any of the issues you are reporting, and it would seem nor has many others, based on the responses.

Try something simple like resetting your modem - there are three types of reset; soft, hard and power. Google the differences to see what is best for you.

WRT the isitdownnow website - clearly they have a problem with their diagnostics as clearly the website is up.........

Regards

Brian

Archived