Orbx @#$#@

jprism

On 5/2 I decided to take the plunge and add ORBX 1) Global Base, 2) Global Vectors and 3) OpenLC North America to my FSX-SE package hearing how much it would add to my experience. After choosing, paying and installing the first 2 all night at 12gb I was tired and made the mistake of choosing OpenLC Europe instead of OpenLC North America. I created a ticket with ORBX and thinking everything would be handled and went ahead and purchased and installed OpenLC North America.

After 4 days of not hearing anything today I opened a 2nd ticket and this afternoon received an email with a link to their Return Policy Page which states in so many words "Your Screwed" we don't return money for any reason.

I will now consider allowing American Express to intervene however I know the outcome and it won't be in my favor but just maybe it will cause them a little grief.

My 2 cents

Well, I suppose they can't ensure Europe is uninstalled from your machine so I can see why all sales have to be final. But I'm guessing you picked it up at the half-price sale...and it is great, like the Americas product...maybe just enjoy it and chalk it up to one less thing to buy next year.

Tough titty said the kitty and the miks on you! Ain't their fault you messed up and that doesn't lessen their add-on quality either. I'm sure you're one of those that would rate a PC product one star because of a fault YOU had.

No offense, but suck it up dude.

Welcome to the world of the Orbx fan boys mate..the arrogance and smugness is truly strong in these ones..feel for you and dont worry to much as these mistakes happen. The only downside i see is that you are using an inferior and nearly redundant sim platform. So come over to the dark side and enjoy a community that is not quick to chastise or belittle someone for a mistake and plenty of quality freeware and the ability to create your own scenery.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

enjoy a community that is not quick to chastise or belittle someone

Oh? And what would you call what you just did? Your comment about the OPs and the others state of mind and choice of simulator/addons does not sound very tolerant to me.

Wow, talk about some attitude here... Hold your horses..! (Speed brakes & thrust reversers)

He made a mistake, who never didn't??!? (Yeah, M. Great Again, always other's fault..)

ORBX have beautiful products. They also have stone age policies & behaviors, well known.

They claim "CUSTUMERS ARE KINGS" hiding behind a wall, no support, no e-mail adresses,

and take four days to answer a request in 2017 !?!! And some take their defense ? lol

I'm a big fan of their stuff, have recommended douzains of time to simmers their stuff but,

as I saw on Aerosoft, Jon Venema, needs cash to pay his Porsche, and moved in the bush...

( Even there, Crocodile Dundee would be faster to respond ! )

But still, they have great products.(and "surely" forget to advise DXfixer to fix for DX10) sure!

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Oh? And what would you call what you just did? Your comment about the OPs and the others state of mind and choice of simulator/addons does not sound very tolerant to me.

Please use my whole quote not an edited sentence..at no time did i belittle or chastise anyone and my suggestion or opinion that F.S.X no matter what Steam or original os quickly becoming redundant is an option of many.. as for the behavior and comments from this community please look above and see how fan boys behave..i for a fact own all three platforms and have quite a few thousand invested in all of them with a big chunk of that in ORBX payware..so nothing against the company or devs just the brown nosing fan boys who cannot handle any criticism.

Please use my whole quote not an edited sentence..at no time did i belittle or chastise anyone and my suggestion or opinion that F.S.X no matter what Steam or original os quickly becoming redundant is an option of many.. as for the behavior and comments from this community please look above and see how fan boys behave..i for a fact own all three platforms and have quite a few thousand invested in all of them with a big chunk of that in ORBX payware..so nothing against the company or devs just the brown nosing fan boys who cannot handle any criticism.

Everyone can read your full post at their leisure. Just because many think something doesn't make it any more true or relevant.

Imagine how the OP must feel if you tell him

a) that he made a mistake (he knows that)

b) that the simulator he just spent a significant amount of money on is a POS anyway (he doesn't seem to think so).

Neither is helpful or called for.

Everyone can read your full post at their leisure. Just because many think something doesn't make it any more true or relevant.

Imagine how the OP must feel if you tell him

a) that he made a mistake (he knows that)

b) that the simulator he just spent a significant amount of money on is a POS anyway (he doesn't seem to think so).

Neither is helpful or called for.

So you try to pick my post apart and point to where i might have offended the op..all good except you failed to realize i was the only one who said mate we all make mistakes and forget about the douche bag fan boys who made the previous comments...where is your criticism of them..(.insert the sound of crickets here) you are loosing credibility in your argument and clutching straws out of a cows rear end..i know this game too well [emoji14] [emoji14]

So you try to pick my post apart and point to where i might have offended the op..all good except you failed to realize i was the only one who said mate we all make mistakes and forget about the douche bag fan boys who made the previous comments...where is your criticism of them..(.insert the sound of crickets here) you are loosing credibility in your argument and clutching straws out of a cows rear end..i know this game too well [emoji14] [emoji14]

My argument stayed the same from my first post on, and I wonder what is so hard to undestand about it:

It is not necessary to throw your favourite choice of simulator and your supposedly superior ethics into other peoples faces. And calling other people fanboys while doing it. That is not "tolerance" of any kind.

Especially when it isn't even relevant for the thread.

About "the others": personally all I can see are unnecessarily harsh words saying "read the terms of service before you click ". How that makes anyone a fanboy is beyond me. You would get the same comments for any "no-refund" shop where you bought something by mistake. Must people be so rude? Probably not, but there you have it.

Calm down now boys. I admit I made a mistake in my purchase (totally my fault). But as I have owned the software company Prism in the USA since 1986 and been involved in thousands of internet purchases and sales, I do not for the life of me understand ORBX's return policy which basically says the customer is always wrong and that's our bottom line. We as a company also have a return policy but make allowances for simple mistakes.

Bottom line 100% my fault but choose to never again do business with this company!

Archived