FTX Vector?

I am thinking about purchasing and installing ORBX, FTX Vectors, but I have read a few reviews that say they have a big FPS hit. I have a fast machine Intel i7 and have good frame rates. Has anyone used this program and good give me a review on it?

wschneid

I have a 6-year old i7 and I find Vector to be good (I'm on P3D, though) with little or no hit on frame rate, compared to the UTX2 I was previously running (which had little hit over running bare). The places I see big hits are the same with and without Vector (big cities, other high density scenery areas), and I'm now also running all North America regions, Global Base, Open_LC North America, etc.

I wouldn't expect any particular problems, and certainly no more than you'd see with UTX.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I have a 6-year old i7 and I find Vector to be good (I'm on P3D, though) with little or no hit on frame rate, compared to the UTX2 I was previously running (which had little hit over running bare). The places I see big hits are the same with and without Vector (big cities, other high density scenery areas), and I'm now also running all North America regions, Global Base, Open_LC North America, etc.

I wouldn't expect any particular problems, and certainly no more than you'd see with UTX.

I agree with Larry. Remember frame rate is a function of scene density. Whether it be fancy aircraft, lots of traffic, lots of weather, or fancy payware scenery. There will always be trade-offs with nay combination of the above.

Remember FSX and P3D are both based on the same over 10 year old program whose designers figured we be using 8Ghz single core CPUS by now instead of 4Ghz. 4 and 8 core units. Some, not I and I have both, say P3D is a slight improvement, but it's still pretty much the same deal with either one.

To get the best results with heavy scenery I primarily fly the most basic default aircraft. The more bells and whistles your plane has, the less CPU time there is to show good scenery, weather or traffic without killing frame rates.

On the very rare occasion that I decide to fly a fancy payware plane, I hugely back down my scenery and weather. Then I can play with the plane's functions. Besides at FL300 you're not going to see much scenery anyway.

No matter where you are, if the scenery, traffic, or weather is heavy you're going to have to back off your sliders! The secret is finding your desired balance at any given time!! ;)

Take your time. You'll find what works best for you.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived