Learjet takes off all by itself problem

Retrovanian

Hi,

I have just tried to take off in the Default Learjet and within 30 seconds of applying the power it just leaves the runway at a ridiculous vertical speed without me touching the Joystick and I cannot get it to level out. It then does not respond to controls and nosedives to the ground.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards James.

Full power. The AP does not seem to be on but the panel is not very clear. If I manage to get it in the air it will not follow a gps track but hunts all over the place either side of the track. This Plane seems very unstable to me.

Kind regards James.

Full power. The AP does not seem to be on but the panel is not very clear. If I manage to get it in the air it will not follow a gps track but hunts all over the place either side of the track. This Plane seems very unstable to me.

Kind regards James.

With proper flap setting, you should never use full power for any jet aircraft for takeoff. 85-90% N1 should be plenty of thrust for takeoff. Panel is not clear? What does that mean? 2D panel or VC? Windowed mode or full screen. Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it would be interesting and enlightening to pull up a chair and actually watch what's going on! :D Got a cold beer in the fridge??

Have you tried any of the Missions yet? There are several that use the aircraft you are trying out. You may pick up some pointers listening to your copilot and ATC.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

I have just tried to take off in the Default Learjet and within 30 seconds of applying the power it just leaves the runway at a ridiculous vertical speed without me touching the Joystick and I cannot get it to level out. It then does not respond to controls and nosedives to the ground.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards James.

It's a great idea to learn basic procedures about the airplane that you're going to fly, before you decide to fly it (refer to the Learning Center within FSX).

The Bombardier-Lear 45 was a handful for me too, when I first attempted to fly it--it was like a horse that would takeoff right out from under me. After I learned more about its handling characteristics and flight controls/avionics I began to actually enjoy flying it, and did so for several hundred hours afterward.

If you can tell me what you're doing once you're "in the cockpit" from throttle-up to rotation and takeoff, I can tell you what steps may have been overlooked that are causing your Military Grade "Viking" (90 degs to the vertical) takeoffs, which I suspect are the result of Altitude Hold and Auto Throttle not being set/activated in the autopilot after takeoff--which is a good idea in the Lear 45; flying it manually at first is by no means an easy feat, but it can be done!

Can you list exactly what your procedure for setting up a GPS flight is in the LearJet 45, in a numbered step list (if feasible, or just tell me what you do)? For example, I'm in my default FSX 747-400 and I have a destination I want to go to...

I'm flying Direct GPS, so I

(1) Make sure that the NAV/GPS switch is set to GPS in the instrument panel

(2) Click the D--> symbol on the GPS

(3) Click the GPS' small knob right arrow

(4) Type in the ICAO code for my destination

(5) Click the Enter button on the GPS twice to activate the GPS flight plan.

(6) Activate autopilot (if you're off of the ground by at least 200ft),making sure that the NAV function light is on.

Others may also chime in with their suggestions.

Happy Flying,

APUtech

GPS switch is on and still no joy.

Kind regards James.

I started an IFR flight from KFAT to KSFO. This flight gives me several turns that need to be made. Just after takeoff I cancelled the IRF and switched to VFR with Flight following and engaged the GPS switch so as to follow the GPS route. It made every trun and followed the GPS line smooth as butter. Just after the turn over KSNS I re-established my IFR flight to KSFO and followed ATC instructions.

It may be a matter of an additional NAV switch on the Autopilot which may be confusing.

This is following the GPS route from KFAT to the turn over KSNS.

GPS to KSNS.JPG

This is the turn towards KSFO over KSNS.

Turn over KSNS to KSFO.JPG

Note which buttons are lit.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Guy's got everything working properly now with no problems. It was the second Nav Button causing the problem and you have to approach the glideslope from underneath or it doesn't hold.

Thanks again. Especially the screenshots, they help enormously.

Kind regards James.

I fly the Lear 45 all the time. One thing I don't like is its avionics that were coded are nothing like PMDG's 737. And when you climb well above 30,000 and switch to mach it doesn't hold. You have to cycle IAS and mach a few times to get it to hold. Now I just rev up to about 270 knots and watch the mach reach .80 and just maintain that IAS. This would not happen in the PMDG 737. But I guess what do you get for a default very crude airplane? :D

Also note it doesn't seem to have taxi lights even though there is a taxi lights switch. Only landing lights. I may in fact add them myself.

Archived