ATC Title

Iron Horse

Hi everyone! Have a question. I remember seeing something about this quite a while ago, but try as I might I cannot find it. I would like ATC to call my plane by its make instead of "experimental." I have tried changing several things in the CFG file to no avail. Could someone enlighten me please?

Look in the aircraft.cfg under [General]. What is your aircraft because naming might be a bit tricky? Also ATC is is using this to describe you to other aircraft, not talking to you as in your call sign.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

My aircraft is the Fokker Spin. I tried putting the name in under general, but then I had no radio??? As soon as I deleted the two lines, I had my radio back. I have had to modify this plane quite a bit so far. Had no radio, would not turn in the air, but would on the ground. I have been using the Jenny as a reference to see what needed changing or modifying for this aircraft. It is now flying, still need to fine tune. But I can handle that. Just trying to figure out the call. Currently it calls me by "Experimental PH-AAA" I would just like to have it call by Fokker PH-AAA.

Is this close enough? I could also try for FOKKER SPIN! ATC refers to me as "Caution..the FOKKER on the taxiway".

[General]

atc_type=FOKKER

atc_model=SPIN

editable=0

Category = airplane

FOKKER.JPG

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I would have laughed my tail off hearing that for the first time! What you put in is what I had put in to my CFG file which is caused my radio to stop working, as when I deleted it, I was able to contact the tower again. Don't know. I will try again tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help.

(I am still laughing....)😄

Zippy's been called "That silly little FOKKER" many times!

:D :D :p

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

set up a flight,

when selecting, in aircraft details screen, select fokker as airline.

put the plane on a runway,

contact grund to se if they call you fokker.

Choose -end flight-

then close fsx.

(Then it's preset from now on)

(Won't be 'preset' if you just close fsx in one go by clicking the 'cross' or 'X' at the top of the window in windowed mode.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

set up a flight,

when selecting, in aircraft details screen, select fokker as airline.

put the plane on a runway,

contact grund to se if they call you fokker.

Choose -end flight-

then close fsx.

(Then it's preset from now on)

(Won't be 'preset' if you just close fsx in one go by clicking the 'cross' or 'X' at the top of the window in windowed mode.)

Even with EditVoicepack, I don't have an airline called FOKKER. I'm still betting it's how he is referred to by ATC to other aircraft.

Let's hear it Iron Horse! Do you want a callsign of FOKKER or the use of FOKKER when ATC warns other aircraft about you instead of being referred to as Experimental?

Ah yes, I don't have a callsign fokker either. Should have checked first.

But... the "fokker" sound is there in editvoicepackX

I 'm sure that's also why mrzipppy hears it.

If you create a new modification, and type the word Fokker, the sound is already there, and you can simply select it as your new modification.

No need though for that it seems fromm mrzippy's post.

I can't find "Fokker" as already present as seperate modification, but it's hard to reverse search that long long list.

What I did find were the sounds for:

Community mods--Aircrafts--Models--

F50

F60

THose are fokker aircraft and both contain that "fokker" sound segment.

I expect that's why that segment came right up when I created a separate mod for it.

Not important for the original question though. I think the fix for that is downloading and installing EditVoicePack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not important for the original question though. I think the fix for that is downloading and installing EditVoicePack

You may be right about having EditVoicePack installed. I wonder if I should try for XXXXXX FOKKER just in case I'm stuck in the mud??

Stuck in the mud? I don't see how? I thought your fsx was still firing on all cylinders!

(And don't think you're a stick in the mud either...:))

Anywho, I think your advice on the lines in the config was probably rock solid.

What I said about the aircraft selection screen is equivalent to changing ATC_airline=, and fokker is not the airline.

The thing is that only adding the word in the aircraft.cfg config file, stil only gives a sound if that sound segment is present too.

I think to get the sound you'll need EVP installed.

But, I may well be wrong on that. Fokker seems like an airline that could be in the default voicepack too. Not sure on what is in there though. And don't know how to check.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, thank you all for your help.In regard to what was said about needing the voice pack, I may need it as it could explain why my radio didn't work when I first modified it as "atc" didn't "know" how to say my aircraft, so it locked out the radio to prevent erroring out the program. My guess.

Thanks again.

Jon

FSX will only recognize ATC Airlines, Type, & Models that were programmed in from the beginning - otherwise you will need Edit Voicepak.

There is a hierarchy to communications in FSX:

When there is something in the Airline section of the config file then ATC will try to refer to you as Airline Flight Number blah blah blah. So make sure there is nothing in the Airline section in your config file. i.e.

[Fltsim.0]

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

atc_heavy=

You can make your tail number anything you want (following the format of real tail numbers) e.g.

atc_id=N1234A (or leave it the way it was)

Then, in the General section put:

[General]

atc_type=Fokker

atc_model= (leave this blank)

In all of the above make sure there are no extra spaces or characters.

Then ATC should refer to you as "Fokker" & your Tail Number.

There is no "atc_model=Spin" programmed into FSX. If you type "Spin" there in your config file then FSX might ignore it, or it might cause problems. I would try it blank first, then type it in to see if it gets ignored. If FSX ignores it then you can leave it in there to remind yourself of what it ought to be.

Alternatively, if you use "Spin" for your Tail Number (atc_id=Spin) FSX will probably sound it out phonetically like "Fokker Sierra Papa India November", or it might ignore it (leave a blank spot in the communication).

MOST IMPORTANT -

If you have ever typed in an alternate tail number or airline in the dialog boxes in the Select Aircraft screen, then FSX has stored that in file which you must delete before the changes you have made above will take effect. You will need to go to your C:/Users/Owner/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX/SimObjects folder & open the folder for your Fokker Spin Aircraft. Then delete the state.CFG file. The file may be write protected, so you may have to edit your permissions to really get it to delete.

In my experience there is no harm in deleting the file - FSX simply rebuilds the file the next time you start it up (without the alternate flight numbers or whatever).

In any case make a backup copy of the file somewhere so you can restore it if you need to.

Good Luck,

Joe G.

Editvoicepack is easy to install.

At the bottom of this try and buy page is a link to the older versions.

http://editvoicepack.com/try-and-buy/

I use editvoicepack4. Works perfectly fine.

Before you install it, make a backup of folder:

..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound

It''s a goog idea to retain a copy of the original voicepack. That is in that folder in a subfolder called ATC.

(But just to be sure I would backup the whole ..\Sound folder.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived