Flight Sim World - Trailer Breakdown and what we know

Hey guys,

DOVETAIL GAMES FLIGHT SCHOOL USERS WILL RECIVE FLIGHT SIM WORLD FREE OF CHARGE ON RELEASE

http://steamcommunity.com/games/dovetailgamesflightschool/announcements/detail/1305326168704080473

With the release of Dovetail Games Flight Sim World now around the corner, I've decided to make a video looking at what we know about the simulator as well as breaking down the announcement trailer into what we can see from it!

An article has also now been released onto this site, do definitely give it a read! Quite an informative article this, outlining exactly what there is to see from this game thus far.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?17373-Flight-Sim-World-What-We-Know

If you have any other secrets to share of this game, feel free to share this below!

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

"what we know" ?

Mouse in your pocket?:confused:

Good article but just wondering if this is done all on your part or are you connected with a team that's doing all of the reviews?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Draw,

I share Zippy's concerns as to who you are. At approximately 30 seconds into the video there's a scene of a light aircraft taking off that I'd like to know the source of. Except for the extreme wide angle it looked pretty good. What was the source of this? And perhaps more to the point while reading your post I had the feeling that I was being played in some way. I hope that's not the case.

Jim F.

Thanks Mark. Not sure why you would think this was obvious though. I don't think too many people are familiar with Flight School. I was under the impression that Flight School was pretty much FSX in a simplified package. I'm wishing that I'd checked into it.

Hi Draw,

I share Zippy's concerns as to who you are. At approximately 30 seconds into the video there's a scene of a light aircraft taking off that I'd like to know the source of. Except for the extreme wide angle it looked pretty good. What was the source of this?

It's a Flight School clip, used as I was talking about it during the video along with the train simulator.

And perhaps more to the point while reading your post I had the feeling that I was being played in some way. I hope that's not the case.

Jim F.

What do you mean by getting played? The article and video are both done out of my own research and opinion. No outside influences were put into it, just what I know and see. :)

Good article but just wondering if this is done all on your part or are you connected with a team that's doing all of the reviews?

While there are multiple reviewers on this site, we all do our own things. I make the article and a separate video. The video goes up as is, the article goes through an editor who grammar checks before uploading onto the site. Everything is my own knowledge and opinion on whatever I am doing. :)

Hi again,

When I said that I had the feeling that I was "getting played" I had the suspicion there was some hidden agenda. I had no idea what it was but likely involved some benefit to you other than the satisfaction of presenting your opinion in a truly well done fashion. You've cleared that up and I offer my congratulations on your fine presentation. The quality and how quickly you created it undoubtedly played a part in my concern. Again, congratulations.

Jim F.

While there are multiple reviewers on this site, we all do our own things. I make the article and a separate video. The video goes up as is, the article goes through an editor who grammar checks before uploading onto the site. Everything is my own knowledge and opinion on whatever I am doing. :)

Thanks for the reply back. So it's more of a "this is what I see" and not necessarily "we".

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Interesting reading here, especially the comments! https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/03/flight-sim-world-announced/

Yeah, definitly some interesting stuff down there. Loving the chat on mods and the DTG EULA! They take full rights over any addon once released, no matter what it is or does.

I have yet to see a post by the OP that isn't thinly disguised YT clickbait.

Mmk. :)

"They take full rights over any addon once released, no matter what it is or does."

I can see that as a problem for amateur developers like myself who only build freeware addons, I have a feeling that developers will have to buy a licence to access the SDK's needed to develop new aircraft & scenery or only be able to make their products available as DLC from steam, which will mean no freeware addons for FSW.

Which in turn will probably kill off the Microsoft simulator once and for all. Shame that, but puts the future of flight simulation into perspective.

There is an alternative to FSW, P3D v4 which will be 64bit & will probably be just as good as FSW & there will be plenty of freeware available for it.

I have also heard that FSW will come only with a few default aircraft & limited scenery (not the whole world) which means buying additional aircraft & scenery areas.

I paid $14.00 for Flight school. I figured for 14 dollars it was worth trying out. It was OK in my opinion but not something I would have given up my P3D for. Now I get a FREE copy of FSW which now makes the 14 dollars I spent even a better deal!!! Even if I don't use FSW much I still got it for a very small price and I have helped the flight sim community to continue to grow by injecting money.

No matter what anyone says this is a win win for some of us!

I have also owned Train simulator from DTG since it came out and know how they operate. It does not surprise me they are trying to keep control of all content and keep it on Steam. Get used to it people. Remember when DLC was unknown but now that company's know they can get you to pay for extra content the games are now shipped thin and you have to spend a fortune to fill them out.

As for me I don't see me ever going past my P3D V4. It works great, all my addons work and it looks lovely. :)

That seems unnecessarily spiteful.

Sorry Mark, I agree with Penz and many others. If "Check out my YouTube Channel for more FSX, Simulator and Gaming content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/drawyahgam...confirmation=1" being repeated with each post isn't "clickbait," what is?

My only question from about 150 posts ago is which payroll or percentage goes to this poster. ;)

And no, I've never been pleased with the collective "we" either. I don't care to have people I don't know or trust speaking for me. We're suffering enough of when that occurs from our "elected" officials!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

lMy only question from about 150 posts ago is which payroll or percentage goes to this poster. ;)

Nil, nothing, zero, we don't get paid for these posts. Flightsim.com reviewers do these reviews and articles as a hobby, all income goes towards the site and servers. :)

You mean like the click bait The Flight Sim store puts all over this site? So the guy has a You Tube channel and shares info. So what if he makes a few bucks off it. So that calls for you to insult him? You mean like I have noticed that it seems the people who have the highest post counts out here seem to usually be the rudest people here and try to control what everyone else see's out here.

Drawyah? Thanks for the info. I have yet to find a real flight sim site yet that does reviews that isn't in the pocket of some developer somewhere. Or making money off the community. You keep doing your thing!! :)

It does not surprise me they are trying to keep control of all content and keep it on Steam.

On the contrary, it seems blindingly obvious that this is the only way to fund ongoing development of what is always going to be a niche product. If the traditional marketing model had been viable Microsoft would not have disposed of the rights and we would not be having this conversation.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

If the traditional marketing model had been viable Microsoft would not have disposed of the rights and we would not be having this conversation.

Actually, Mircosoft dropped the ACES Team because of a few reasons. First of all, more people were using the simulator but less were paying for it due to piracy. That along with a poor release of Windows Vista, poor team management and bankruptcy looming, ACES Team were dropped by Microsoft.

If you look at their Train Sim you will see that there are very few 3rd party companies creating content for it. It is kind of like Sega in the 80's. At first they kept a tight rein on the licenses for games for their console system. You had limited games because Everything had to go through Sega and didn't pass their Quality Control so this was how they kept the quality of games as high as they could. Meanwhile Nintendo licensed everyone with a heartbeat and we saw lots of games but also a lot of crap.

If DTG wants to keep a tight rein on their product I can understand that and since it is the business model they have decided to go with I can't complain and what ever happens with the product happens. It either hits or misses. Simple as that.

I Have been gaming since Pong came out in 1974 and I hate DLC. I think it is a rip off but there is nothing I can do about because people opened their wallets and made it the norm. So now we get thin software and have to spend a fortune to fill it out to our expectations.

I think what most are missing is this is another product that increases the size of our community and makes more developers stand up and take notice.

More flight sims can't be a bad thing. All it does is open it up to different kinds of users. :)

Archived