FSX-SE not recognizing T16000m rudder

Hi everyone,

This is my first shot at a PC flight sim, first post, etc. I've been searching the web and this forum and can't find the answer I'm looking for, so please forgive me if it's posted somewhere and I just didn't find it.

I just downloaded FSX-Steam version which seems to be running fine. A also just bought the Thrustmaster T16000m flight pack, which includes the flightstick, throttle, and rudder. The flightstick and throttle have separate USB cables, and the rudder plugs into the throttle with something that looks like a telephone cable (small CAT5).

I can't figure out how to get FSX to recognize the rudder pedal. I can use the flightstick and throttle just fine, and it's using the 3rd flightstick axis (twist) for rudder. If I deactivate that, then I get no rudder.

In the configuration page, I can choose either the flightstick or the throttle. Then I can deactivate assigned features, but can't seem to reassign or change anything.

Are there any good tutorials on how to setup this flight controller with this software? Do I need to use TARGET?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Dell Inspiron 620 (stock), Windows 7, Core i3-2120 - 3.30GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 - 1GB

ThrustMaster T.16000m Flight Pack (Flightstick, throttle, rudder)

FSX-SE

I got it to work. I think it had to do with drivers updating. It took a lot of time to get the T16000 setup and running, but it seems to be working well now. What a great value! No single component is astonishing, but to have full, reliable, and relatively accurate control for $170 seems pretty good!

I'm sure I'll want some fancy upgrades in the future but I wanted to try simulators with all 3 devices before getting too heavily invested.

Dell Inspiron 620 (stock), Windows 7, Core i3-2120 - 3.30GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 - 1GB

ThrustMaster T.16000m Flight Pack (Flightstick, throttle, rudder)

FSX-SE

Archived