Loading FSX in Windows 10

But whatever you do: do NOT install fsx into the default folder. Put it on C:\FSX for example. It will definately safe you some installation and permission issues. For the rest: it's commonly mostly working fine.

Grtz., Hans

During installation of FSX, the very first question you'll be asked is if you want to do a default or a custom installation. SELECT CUSTOM HERE! (Sorry for the emphasis, but this is important). After that, if you only have one hard drive, point it to install to something like C:\FSX, if you have a second hard drive, install to that.

That's really the most important thing you'll have to do. After installation, search this forum for "uiautomationcore.dll" and apply that fix.

Have fun -

Jorgen

Only if you have the boxed version of FSX as FSX:SE includes it by default.

OP is installing FSX Deluxe. Doesn't sound like FSX-SE. Don't forget your SPs afterwards.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the correction. Age is my only excuse!

No problem! I still wonder, sometimes, who that weird looking person is who's looking back at me in the mirror!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Not the most helpful answer for what you've asked but if you can afford to, save yourself the trouble and just buy the Steam Edition. It makes installation, maintenance and updates much, much easier. You can still use 3rd party addons.

Also, if you do install from DVD, definitely don't install into the default "Program Files (x86)".

I have loaded FSX into C:\Microsoftgame\FSX but with real problems. Everyting goes well to Fly Now screen but the aircraft picture rotates jerkily. I then get a black screen sometimes but at other times I get a large frozen picture of the panel which can be witched with the "S" key but only after I have pressed ESC and Continue Flying. The sound is normal and seems to change direction with the S key as normal. I was recommended to run the DIRECTX end-user Run-time web installer which I did. Anybody have any ideas where to go from here?

Yes. This was advised by Microsoft and from them direct. It occurs to me that I should not have put it into the folder Micosoftgames but FSX direct into c. Is that correct?

PS When I had FS9 in Windows 7 everything worked smoothly and correctly. Zero troubles. But now I am trying FSX

Archived