Payware Aircraft 2D Panels

Retrovanian

Hi,

I have been looking at various Aircraft on here and the ones that I have tried have the old 4:3 2D panel. I am using the Sim in Widescreen 1920 x 1080. Do all the new Payware Aircraft have widescreen 2D Panels as some only ever show the Virtual 3D Panel in the screenshots or video. I do not want to be paying for something that does not make full use of the H.D. Widescreen resolution I am using. I find the 2D panel easier to operate than the 3D. (poor eyesight).

Kind regards James.

Be sure to read all of the info on the payware aircraft's site. A lot of them do not utilize a 2D cockpit. The one's that do offer a 2D cockpit should say if it is usable or adjustable for Widescreen.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Reading the info sometimes doesn't always tell the story, either, with lots of payware write-ups just saying "2D panel". Next step is to review the screen shots, and if none of the 2D panel are offered, you just have to ask the vendor or others who have the model. There's no set rules. It's sometimes possible to add a suitable 2D panel from a different aircraft, but that's a subject for a different discussion.

Since the advent of VCs some people have adopted a near elitist attitude that 2D panels are old fashioned and won't even use an aircraft without a VC; so many aircraft, payware and free, don't even include a 2D panel, much less one for wide screen (have seen some payware with a 2D that had to be enabled via a config menu).

I much prefer a 2D panel for landing (viewpoint is always straight ahead and instruments are easier to read) and for large aircraft (at 40k ft there's nothing to see but clouds when panning around). To that end I've created many wide screen 2D panels, either from scratch, by modifying the defaults, or using a screenshot of the VC as a base; this solution isn't for everyone but it is an option.

Some don't have them. To be certain yours does (and works in your sim), send the manufacturer an e-mail. They will be glad to offer a precise answer.

Other option, Google:

'plane name' manuf sim panel

then when the results appear, click 'Images' at the top of the page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello friend, I can help with a problem I have is about the error ''Runtime error r6025 pure virtual function called'' I hope you can help me I give my Facebook if you like where I can contact

my fb is: Zoé Elsacker Muilenburg thanks!

Archived