IRIS AV-8B Harrier HUD Issues

Ok I'm assuming this is a texture issue, but on my IRIS Harrier, the HUD works perfectly fine between dusk, night and dawn. When it's day time, the HUD has a marble/cloud colored square blocking the HUD behind the HUD display (numbers, speed and altitude tapes, heading, attitude indicator, etc.). Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix to this???

Is there a brightness knob to enhance the brightness of the numbers in the clouded background?

No there isn't. However, the clouded/marble square covering behind the HUD only appears in the day time, and when all the lights are on. When the lights are off, it sort of goes between on and off. Also, depending on pitch and throttle settings, the clouded square comes back on and off (reappears, disappears).

From the README that came with the download:

"This Is The best i could do the Hud still has a bug in it but to fix that just turn the lights off."

That "clouded marble background" is suppose to act like clear glass and in this case, it's not exactly clear. Probably due to the fact that it's an FS9 port-over.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

From the README that came with the download:

"This Is The best i could do the Hud still has a bug in it but to fix that just turn the lights off."

That "clouded marble background" is suppose to act like clear glass and in this case, it's not exactly clear. Probably due to the fact that it's an FS9 port-over.

Strange, mine didn't come with a Readme. I got my Harrier from Simviation. Yea that's probably the issue with it being a port-over from FS9. Still fun to fly, however I tweaked the Harrier's aircraft.cfg to make it hover easier since in the original aircraft.cfg, at max power and max flaps, the Harrier wouldn't take-off vertically, even at low weight.

Strange, mine didn't come with a Readme. I got my Harrier from Simviation. Yea that's probably the issue with it being a port-over from FS9. Still fun to fly, however I tweaked the Harrier's aircraft.cfg to make it hover easier since in the original aircraft.cfg, at max power and max flaps, the Harrier wouldn't take-off vertically, even at low weight.

Same one I downloaded from Simviation. There is a readme, you just didn't see it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived