Aero Commander 560A

flyer8

Really nice external model, don't you think. Thanks Mr. Milton Shupe for all of your hard work!

LEIB Ibiza GA Parking

001 LEIB Ibiza GA Parking.jpg

Taxi to Rwy06

002 Taxi to Rwy06.jpg

Waiting My Turn

003 Waiting My Turn.jpg

Ibiza Landclass

004 Ibiza Landclass.jpg

Heading to El Prat

005 Heading to El Prat.jpg

Med at 5500

006 Med at 5500.jpg

Approaching LEBL 07L

007 Approaching LEBL 07L.jpg

LEBL Short Final

008 LEBL Short Final.jpg

Cargo Teminal Parking

009 Cargo Teminal Parking.jpg

Off to find a Bud and a Dog

010 Off to find a Bud.jpg

Hope you like the images...

Mark

All of Milton Shupe's planes are beautiful, he does an outstanding job, we should all thank him every day! In many ways his models are better than a lot of payware offerings, and they are all beautifully detailed and representative of the actual plane... I'm a huge fan and fly the AC regularly!

All of Milton Shupe's planes are beautiful,

I hate to argue, buuuut...

Take a look at the plane he just recently put out for FSX, his AC500 "Hangar Queen". That is one dirty bird. The outside, the inside, and the panel, Hoooooo-boy! Dirty, holes not filled or covered, wires all over...

However, he made it to look like this. An old cargo dog, been in the hangar for a long time, now dragged back into service. He did another fantastic job on it.

But "beautiful"? Not exactly :D :D

It flies as well as all his other birds though. Amazing offering from Mr. Shupe, really it is.

I'll get a screenie asap.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

They're add-ons from Milton Shupe of Sim OutHouse fame.

Speaking of which:

The AC500 I mentioned before. Hangar Queen.

One dirty bird!

ScreenHunter_2444 Apr. 29 12.38_A.jpg

ScreenHunter_2445 Apr. 29 12.38_A.jpg

ScreenHunter_2447 Apr. 29 12.39_A.jpg

ScreenHunter_2450 Apr. 29 12.40_A.jpg

ScreenHunter_2451 Apr. 29 12.41_A.jpg

Enjoy all! It's a great plane :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, this post was originally about Milton's - Flight Simulator 9 - Aero Commander 560A. I didn't use the dirty bird (listed below) as I wasn't flying out of a jungle. Although, some people say Ibiza can be quite a jungle at times...El Prat as well...Toro...Toro...Toro?

The tricky thing is that I used Tom Tiedman FSX N5784F repaint in FS9. Tom mentioned that it might work in FS9, and doesn't it though! Tom's repaint is just gorgeous.

Anyway, listed below are the references to the 560A stuff I used in my screen shots. I've also included Pat's "Dirty Bird" reference as well.

Hope that helps!

Mark

---

My Screen Shots

Milton Shupe

Aero Commander 560A HC With VC

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation

FS2004 Aero Commander 560A(HC) - With VC

FID : 66689

File: ac560vc9.zip

Size: 10960583

Date: 08/15/2003

FS2004 Aero Commander 560A(HC) - With VC. Package includes Gmax aircraft, custom era correct panel, three paint schemes, full animation, virtual cockpit, backlit VC gauges, dynamic shine, website support. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers.

---

My Screen Shots

Tom Tiedman

Aero Commander 560 FSX N5784F

FSX - FSX Propliners

FSX Aero Commander 560

FID : 171082

File: fsx_aero_commander_blue_and_white_n5784f.zip

Size: 5753441

Date: 01/26/2013

FSX Aero Commander 560 and/or 680 repaint textures blue and white N5784F for the Milton Shupe and team Aero Commander 560/680 series, with VC, which you must have previously installed. These textures probably work in FS2004 as well. Painted using the Andre Folkers paint kit blank textures. Screen shots enclosed. Easy installation. Repaint by Tom Tiedman.

---

Pat's Screen Shots

Dirty Bird With VC...

Aero Commander 500 Cargo With VC (Milton Shupe)

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation

FS2004 Aero Commander 500 Cargo VC

FID : 76151

File: ac500ca1.zip

Size: 13171090

Date: 05/02/2004

FS2004 Aero Commander 500 Cargo (with VC). Packages includes Gmax aircraft with hand-flyer flight dynamics (seat-of-the-pants navigation) and features a custom era correct panel (with a few broken gauges) and easy-to-read virtual cockpit (if you wipe the dirt off), a dirty paint scheme (indicative of bad weather, unimproved landing strips, pot holes, and no time to wash it) and matching interior (treated for infestations), VC gauge backlighting (when the bulbs work), rain effects (guaranteed not to wash off the dirt) and specular highlites in the VC and Html checklists (but who needs them). This cargo model is intended for the hardcore, backwoods, bush hauling workaholics trying to scrape a living out of remote freight. A clean version is also included for those obsessive-compulsive types. You might also enjoy the included 11 cargo flight plans. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers.

Ummm...

Actually, the screenies I posted are from Mr. Shupe's FSX native (now) AC500.

He just made three of his AC5XX planes FSX native versions. Granted they WERE FS9 native but these are new planes, essentially, and now they are FSX native. Not just port-overs, but FSX Native.

From the download page of SOH:

FSX Native Aero Commander AC500 "Hangar Queen" Series

by Milton Shupe, Gauges by Scott Thomas, Textures by André Folkers, and Sounds by Gary Jones.

Pkg incl one model, custom panels and era-correct gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 3 liveries.

Simple installation; lots of "Freight Dawg" fun :-)

EDIT: Removed from Beta status.

One change to the aircraft.cfg, Piston Engine Section:

Replace like statement with the following:

normalized_starter_torque=0.281

The other two planes have similar write-ups. Since I fly FSX pretty exclusively, it's a great thing. Love his planes. Now if I could just learn how the HECK Mr. Hoover did all the amazing things he did in his bird... :D

Enjoy them, whichever version you use!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interestingly the Carenado Aero Commander has a very realistic FDE where you can fly exacly the same program Bob Hoover used to fly

Sadly, I am on a very fixed income. Payware is a nono for my budget, so I guess I'm SOL as far as Mr. Hoover's routine goes.

Sure would have been fun, though, to try and duplicate the routine I used to see at the Reno Nationals every year. Really an amazing set of maneuvers, and the whole "land with no engines and taxi right to a designated spot" thing would be so cool to learn...

Oh, well, such is life, I mused...

Milton's - Flight Simulator 9 - Aero Commander 560A is still the subject. Neat aircraft and created so many years ago.

I apologize. I didn't mean to hijack you thread, Mark. I just thought the Hangar Queen was a great example of a not-so-beautiful plane. Even Mr. Shupe thought it could've used a little soap and elbow grease :D

Have fun, mo matter which plane you choose to fly :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything's cool, just trying to keep the focus. X Looks great and so many are already putting it's best foot forward. I'd thought that I'd do the same for the FS9'ers out there. The FS9 crowd guys did so much splendid work that someone should sing their praise at least once in a while.

Best Regards,

Mark

Shupe and company did several ACs for FS9, including the dirty cargo version of the AC 500. I have them all (or had them before the crash) and enjoy flying all of them. And Pat, "...the whole "land with no engines and taxi right to a designated spot" thing... can be taken from Hoover's routine, there's not really any excessive stress there, so have at it and enjoy!

I have to agree with FS9 simmers, I downloaded the ac560vc9.zip by Mr. Shupe recently. I took it for a spin, and is a great plane & textures I have downloaded several in the past, enjoyed all of his. It's well within my budget as it is a freeware download. These simmers that put out freeware do this to help us enjoy this hobby, especially PP (Private Pilots) that have lost their license do to fiances or health like me. My Cowboy hat is off to all that create scenery's or Planes. Kenny

Archived