Cannot install freeware installer package

JanezGorenc

Hi, I have downloaded a few freeware packages (B777-300, Dash-8...) and am now not able to install them on Windows 10. I keep getting this message:

"Sorry, an error has occured.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I have FSX on my computer installed through Steam. It works well enough. But this error is killing me. What am I to do?

Thanks!

Janez

Hi, I have downloaded a few freeware packages (B777-300, Dash-8...) and am now not able to install them on Windows 10. I keep getting this message:

"Sorry, an error has occured.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I have FSX on my computer installed through Steam. It works well enough. But this error is killing me. What am I to do?

Thanks!

Janez

You are to drop back 10 yards and punt! If those Auto-installers are not designed for FSX-SE they won't work. My suggestion is to install them to a folder you create and place the folders to appropriate locations.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Very few freeware planes come with installers.

Can you give an example of one you are having issues with?

If you are talking about an "installer" file in the airplane's folder that has an .air extension, then you need do nothing with that file. It is not actually an installer of any kind, it is the flight dynamics container for the airplane.

Windows thinks it is an installer because you have/had another program on your PC that uses the same extension for another non-sim related purpose.

The thing to do is, nothing. That file works fine as is, so forget about it and go flying.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Install into a temp folder and check the contents of the file, now if the file is damaged ,as the message you get says. then once you changed the installers destination you run no risk of damaging something to your FSX installation, If you continue to get the message get rid of it and try finding another file from a different site. Personally I hate these autoinstallers as they can bring all kinds of problems, therefore installing into a temp is safer.

Berlopez

Archived