FTX Global Base?

jprism

Before I plunk down $75.00 US on FTX Global Base I would like to hear from those of you who run this in FSX-SE. I have 3 of the ORBX free items Global Libraries, NA Airport Pack and AI Traffic N America and seem to be pleased with those!

Hardware / Software

FSX Steam

DX10 - Disabled because of lights showing up as black squares

EzDok v2

REX4 Texture Direct w/ Clouds

System:

i5-7600K Kaby Lake 3.8mhz

Gigabyte Z270X Gaming K5

16GB DDR4 (2x8) Ram 3800

AMD Radeon™ R7 370 Series

120GB SSD & 850GB SSD

Dell S2415H(HDMI) 24"

Samsung SyncMaster 2243 22"

I Love Global Base! However I will warn you.

Global Base is like a free hit on serious dope from a pusher!!! I don't even want to count all the money I've spent on ORBX regional software!!???:eek::eek::eek:

Toronto 1,000' CYTZ.jpg

Here's a picture taken with Global Base. It's Toronto from 1,000 above CYTZ with RW weather (Haze). I think it looks pretty good.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I Love Global Base! However I will warn you.

Global Base is like a free hit on serious dope from a pusher!!! I don't even want to count all the money I've spent on ORBX regional software!!???:eek::eek::eek:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197439[/ATTACH]

Here's a picture taken with Global Base. It's Toronto from 1,000 above CYTZ with RW weather (Haze). I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks Rupert. I watched several YouTube videos that showed stock FSX and Global comparisons (most not good) and just wanted other user opinions before spending the $$. Are you also running Vector?

Actually I got Vector. But it sometimes gave me multi-level scenery (runways at two altitudes, etc.) So I have disabled it. It's still there if I ever want to debug it, considering how my shots look now, I probably won't bother.

I watched several YouTube videos that showed stock FSX and Global comparisons (most not good) and just wanted other user opinions before spending the $$. Are you also running Vector?

My video below shows FTX Global Base. I am running two PCs here and if you skip to 1:30 you will see examples with Global Base out of the front windows with default textures on the side views. To me this is incontrovertible evidence in favour of Global! That said, I am running the OLC USA product as well. I can't remember if I had Vector running here but in my estimation Vector is adds subtlety, where Global Base is in-your-face super-upgrade.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Hi Rupert, I had a similar problem with SEATAC airport elevations and contacted Orbx and received prompt support that fixed this glitch very easily. Go to Orbx>Forums>General Disscussion>SEATAC Airport, ( on page 4 today). http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133361-seatac-airport/

I thank you for your helpful input on the forums in the past and welcome the oppurtunity to return the favour if this is in fact helpful to you. Best wishes, Max

Hi Rupert, I had a similar problem with SEATAC airport elevations and contacted Orbx and received prompt support that fixed this glitch very easily. Go to Orbx>Forums>General Disscussion>SEATAC Airport, ( on page 4 today). http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133361-seatac-airport/

I thank you for your helpful input on the forums in the past and welcome the oppurtunity to return the favour if this is in fact helpful to you. Best wishes, Max

Thanks Max! I'll try that. We all give a little and take a little on this forum! I wish we could learn to do that on a bigger RW scale!!

Michael

Archived