Help me buy a computer for FS9 only

A few years ago, I had a custom made machine built to use only for fs9. I spent quite a bit of time researching and getting advice on here and finally dished out 1200.00 and bought ( custom build ) what I THOUGHT would be final computer for flight sim. Well, it has crashed big time, after about five years. I do not wish to put several hundred into a restoration on an old machine. Im completely lost ( and exhausted ) on where to go now. My old machine performed excellent and some said it was an "over-kill " machine for my FS9. I want a machine that will handle anything FS9 will throw at it, and I cannot tolerate skips and pauses. Can someone suggest a computer less then 800.00 that will do the job for me? This computer will be used only for flight sim, and I would not mind buying something off the self this time. Thanks for helping!

ALSO, I have no reason to believe either of my hard drives with all my files are not still usable if that makes a difference.

my specs on my crashed computer:

Intel Core i5-4670 ( 4x3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Liquid CPU Cooling (Intel)- ARC Dual Silent High Perf fan upgrade

8GB ( 4x2 ) DDR3-1600 Corsair

NVIDIA GTX 660-2GB

ASRock z87 Pro3

500 Watt-Corsair CX500 v2

2 TB Hard Drive SATA 6.0Gb

500 GB WD VelociRaptor 64 Cache, 100000 RPM, 6GB/

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Window 7 Home Premium 64bit

I also want to use two monitors as before

Shopping can be educational. At Amazon you get list of all the parts, specs, etc. Here is one I like and for you to consider.

Chuck B

Napamule

PC_$740 vs $1400.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Crazy value for money.Why pay more?

To think I first ran FS9 with an AMD 64 single core cheapo Desktop from Medion in which I put a Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB. That cost around £780 and with an FS9 DVD which never needed to be in the Optical Drive.Solid 30 fps.

There used to be funny things called shops back then.

If it's just your OS that "crashed" just reinstall the OS. You're current computer should be adequate enough. If you don't want it I'll take it! LOL

FS is a CPU-based game. So you want the fastest CPU you can afford. And FS is a single core only game which makes matters worse. At the time they never envisioned multicore CPUs like we have now. They thought the standard 2.4 GHz CPU would get higher and higher. Well, the practical limit has been reached at about 4.5 GHz and you can get 5 with a really good overclock perhaps with liquid nitrogen. It is doubtful the CPU speed will get any faster, but the architecture will get faster. It won't be long now until silicon becomes a thing of the past. Then perhaps we can take full advantage of these single core CPU driven FS games.

No, bring it to a store. Let them analyse what exactly is wrong and give an estimate of repair costs. Then let them fix it.

You are just guessing mainboard, but it could also be the cpu, or both, or something unrelated.

Also, if current Windows is OEM then new mainboard means buying new windows copy.

You already bought a psu that wasn't needed. Bring the computer to a store that does repairs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived