Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MissGhost Spring Fling 2017

Okay, quick stop in Yuma, AZ for some Mr G's Tacos and some Ronnie's Pizza. I think I'll just stay overnight at the Shilo Inn and get a good start tomorrow, sure need a really good night's sleep after the last few days. Now I remember why I left this place, looks like nothing has changed a bit. A good bit of news though, a whole bunch of young Marines decided that they just had to have a close up look at this beautiful bird and offered to go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure she was in tip-top shape to continue the chase for PhantomTweak. As we were all talking, someone mentioned that they wished "Digital" was still around to help them with the avionics, all I could do is stand there with my jaw open. Who would have figured that anyone would have remembered an old crusty Marine that was around years ago, probably long before some of them even started their careers. When I mentioned that that was who I was chasing, they shooed me off to my hotel and promised that everything would be ready to go when I got back in the morning. I left, leaving my baby in their capable hands.

Ask PhantomTweak what he remembers about THIS hanger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuma.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	197482
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MissGhost; 04-27-2017 at 07:49 PM.

As we were all talking, someone mentioned that they wished "Digital" was still around to help them with the avionics, all I could do is stand there with my jaw open. Who would have figured that anyone would have remembered an old crusty Marine that was around years ago, probably long before some of them even started their careers. When I mentioned that that was who I was chasing, they shooed me off to my hotel and promised that everything would be ready to go when I got back in the morning. I left, leaving my baby in their capable hands.
    I say to you that any charges they may make about me are purely scurrilous slander! SLANDER, I say!
    Not a bit of it is true...(anymore)
    I still deny I ever mugged McGruff the Crime Dog, or flashing the staff Duty with the trench coat I got off of him. Errrr....That he GAVE me. All on his own, really!

Of course their hands are capable. They're Marines, after all. Although some of the line apes tend to take percussive troubleshooting a bit far at times.

Ask PhantomTweak what he remembers about THIS hanger
    All I remember is a cocooned A-4 they had out in front of it, getting de-cocooned for display out at the front gate. One of VMFAT-102's old birds. Civilian contractors, given the use of a currently empty hangar.
    I must have driven one of our tugs, when I was with '401, back and forth past that plane 10 or 15 times, admiring the view. I was watching them de-cocoon it, I swear. The really sexy babe straddling the nose, scraping that area, had NOTHING to do with my interest. Honest!

I think I need to get back into the air before I get in any deeper...
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

KNYL-O46 time to put this place behind me.

Safely down in beautiful Weed. I do believe I see Phantom's plane parked just over there, on the other side of the building as if he's trying to hide.

The flight was bumpy, winds shifting in all directions, the only calm place was coming into Weed. It's a good thing I don't get airsick.

Name:	weed.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	197519
    Last edited by MissGhost; 04-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Told you I would catch Phantom!

Name:	weed2.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	197541

Now he owes me lunch!

Name:	weed3.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	197542

Two beautiful birds!

Name:	weed4.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	197543

She threatened to chew my tail section off with her props if I didn't buy lunch!
    I need that part of the plane, so I bought her lunch. Then a room at the local swank hotel. Then dinner...

I'm gonna go broke if she keeps this up! I can't afford steak-n-lobster every night!

More to come soon...
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Okay here we go. O46-CYQQ

Down safely at CYQQ. Duenna to follow.
    Nice flight, a little bumpy but not bad. Beautiful blue sky above the clouds as well as the scenery. Nice day to be flying.

I think I'm being chased now.

Name:	CYQQ.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	197612
    Last edited by MissGhost; 05-04-2017 at 07:48 PM.

CYQQ-PAKT Time to go flying!

Down at PAKT. Beautiful land. Flight was somewhat bumpy but nothing too bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast