FSX, Just Flight, L 1011Tristar, Macau to Kai Tak, Hong Kong.

autosetup

Just noticed this is you too.

If there was a super realistic add on of Kai Tak would you get it?

I have never come across any Kai Tek add ons that begin to do it justice.

Samos might be more difficult but otherwise it has nothing of interest.

Kai Tek had it all. Nothing touches it for being so spectacular.

I know its closed now but do you think people would want it if it got made?

The FlyTampa version looks good, but at $40, no thanks. At half that price I would get it, because as you say, it's got it all. I use Doctor Kai and Mister Tak airport, for all my trials with new aircraft, see the DC-8, Comet and Trident versions, but at that price I would rather get a new B 737-200 or B-727 (I like dials and knobs, no FMC).

OK I will check out the Fly Tampa version.

I have not got into FSX because I had/have so many addons for 02 and 04 and around that time (2007) I got seriously involved with 3D design using Cinema 4D. I just had no time to game or sim at all. I was looking at the Flightsoft Hong Kong/Hawaii yesterday and it appears to be unchanged except it works with FSX. The Hong Kong one is awful, even back in the year 2000. Please forgive my ignorance but Doctor Kai and Mister Tek, what is that? Is that the one you used for this video?

They are the two gentlemen who owned the land the airport is built on.

The freeware airport I'm using is Kai Tak 3D and is actually very good, with a lot of ai included, but I've lost all of the green grass surrounding the runway and have been unable to get it back. It still serves my purpose, which is mainly to get my technique right.

Archived