Window 10 and Flight Simulator Acceleration

DKPilot

Hello,

New member and first time poster here. So of course, I'm posting because I need help. I just got a new computer with Windows 10. I've installed FSX Gold Edition and it worked fine. I then installed the Acceleration Expansion Pack from the disk that came in the package and it seemed to install correctly. The problem comes when I start FSX again. I get the error code 1-80004005. I looked this up on the internet and it says that there was a problem in the registry but when I followed the instructions, the registry looked good. This appears to stem from the fact that it never asked me for the license key for the acceleration pack. I even uninstalled everything, rebooted, installed FSX, started a new flight, exited, rebooted, and THEN installed the acceleration pack with the same results. So... can anyone help me with this problem? Now it seems like the new planes and missions are there but I've lost the multi-player option. If this is the only problem then I'm not really going to worry about it. I do hate the error each time I start the program but I guess I could live with that, but I'd really like to get this installed cleanly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

The GameSpy online multiplayer service FSX Gold used was shut down a few years ago. There are some more details and some alternatives listed below.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?257195-Gamespy-is-down-alternative-connections-here

Another option is FSX Steam Edition as it replaced GameSpy with Steam's multiplayer service. Steam Edition often goes on sale for $5-10.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?253089-quot-Product-Activation-Error-1-80004005-quot-What

Did you do the part about PartMgr and doing the capital letters?

To fix the problem:

1. Run regedit (Windows key +R)

2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Copy 4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 Press Ctrl+F and paste to locate it.

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the Data column entry (maybe 0 or partmgr) to PartMgr (P and M ONLY must be upper case), click OK.

5. Close Registry Editor

6. Start FSX and you will now get the window pop up to activate ACCELERATION and enter the product key.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The problem may be the activation process. When the error window pops up leave it open and go down to Cortana and type in troubleshooting. When you run the troubleshooter the activation window should open. Put your numbers in and everything should be good.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

• 2 weeks later...
MrZippy was correct. The problem was that PartMgr was in the correct place but it was spelled prtmgr. All I had to do was to replace the P and M with capital letters and it worked. Kind of ridiculous but hey... I'm back in business.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Mr Zippy's fix for activating FSX Acceleration worked fine. Follow the directions carefully and you'll get it. I could not get Regedit to find the required key but a bit of careful looking through the list got there. Thanks, man.

Rowan

Red Star

• 3 months later...
The problem may be the activation process. When the error window pops up leave it open and go down to Cortana and type in troubleshooting. When you run the troubleshooter the activation window should open. Put your numbers in and everything should be good.

Be sure PartMgr has P and M capiltalized - Windows 10 and Accleration.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
MrZippy was correct. The problem was that PartMgr was in the correct place but it was spelled prtmgr. All I had to do was to replace the P and M with capital letters and it worked. Kind of ridiculous but hey... I'm back in business.

I also found this to work. It happened when my Windows 10 crashed and I had to reinstall windows 10 64 bit. Editing the Registry did the trick. The registry contained partmgr and it needs to be PartMgr.