How Get the Best Display Resolution on This Computer?

bmatt569

Hi All,

New computer is a Lenovo Ideapad 110, Core I5; Graphics, Intel HD Graphics 620, Current Display Mode 1360x768, running Win 10.

"Full Screen Resolution" in FSX SE 1360x768 32

This new computer is great. I like it for the most part. My problem is that some of the numbers/letters in things like the FMC on the FeelThere EJets 175 are "clipped", part is cut off. I've tried expanding the FMC lengthwise and widewise. It helps some.

When watching "Captain_Mac's" You Tube videos his FMC for the 175/195 is really clear and sharp. I'm wondering if there is something about my settings that I can change and to what that will help with this.

Please help ... PLEASE!

Technologically Challenged Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Technologically chalanged? You don't look things up, that's not the same.

We told you for fsx you need a fast desktop with a fast Intel processor, and a separate graphics card, separate from the HD graphics chip that's built into in the processor.

But you buy a laptop (thinkpad), with a slow processor and no separate graphics card.

Of course you can move around your settings. But it won't make the screen bigger so everything fits on it, and it won't make the pc any better.

The computer is just not suited for fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW

I don't know what your background is but from reading posts by others and your answers to them, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of computer operations and program manipulation. That's why I posted on here to get somebody's opinion and maybe, just maybe a little help to solve this one little thing I'd like a bit better.

My finances are very limited and I was darned lucky to be able to get this computer (that I use for a lot of other things besides flight simming).

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 1360x768 is a very poor choice for FSX. But your computer won't handle anything larger.

The advice you were given was correct. Poor choice of hardware.

Submit copy of FSX.cfg and we can look for any minor tweaks or changes, but frankly, what you've got is about what you're gonna get.

I never said it was a bad computer. Your computer is just not very suitable for fsx.

You would have been much better off, and much cheaper too, if you had gone for a desktop.

You could have found that knowledge pretty quickly by having a look in the hardware forum, or buy looking at the specs that people write below their posts.

Also you could have asked here first before buying.

The only thing you could try with this computer is set the resolution to 1024x768, in Windows ansd in fsx. But I don't think you'll like that very much either.

When I looked for a computer 3 years ago I saw plenty nice prebuilts for around 1000 dollars. I little much for me at the tiem. The cheaper ones just weren't quite it.

I spent 3 months checking out different mainboards, processors, and ram online. Then shopped around, and got 450 dollars in parts. Mainboard, Fsatest i5 at the time, and 8Gb Ram, a DVD drive, and some usb3 cables. I reused my old Case, HDD's and Graphics card.

A new copy of WIndows was required, licence was tied to the old mainboard. Another 110 Dollars. Also info that was found online. Google. Total was 560 dollars.

I put it all together, installed Windows, and had a blazing fast computer which runs great to this day.

That's what I mean by "you don't read". You buy a computer hoping it will be good. Or you get sweet talked by an advertisement.

You have to read between the lines. I5!!!!!!!!!!!

Should make you think: "yeah, but what i5 then? Is it a 3570k? or a crappy i5-3100"

Btw, later, when funds allowed again, I also added a SSD. And a bit later again, I added a better Case. Those things are possible with Desktops. With laptops not so much.

Use Google. And if you don't understand the stuff you read, Google the difficult words in it. You'll actually start learning about co,mputers a bit.

That way you can buy the computer you really want, And save a bunch as well.

You have been on this forum for years, played FS9 for years as well.

Stop saying you are "Technologically Challenged".

You just don't Challenge yourself enough.

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to all for the replies. I DO appreciate all of them.

I'd like to have a computer that I could dedicate strictly for flight simming. Hopefully, I'll get there, eventually. I had to have a laptop for my teaching job and this was the best I could afford for that. As I said it runs FSX passably.

I'll try the other resolution settings and see if that helps.

I realize that I'm not really technologically challenged but it feels like it sometimes when I see some of the answers to questions you all give so freely. Without your knowledge you have answered some of my questions simply by others asking and you answering them. I have made friends with Google and the forums here.

Again, thanks for the help.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived