Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How realistic is your flight simulator

Default How realistic is your flight simulator

How realistic is your flight simulator? Not talking about scenery. I am talking about aircraft. How realistic does aircraft fly in your flight simulator, compared to the real aircraft? Engine temps, oil temps and pressure, EGT,CHT?

I know I can not blow up an engine on any aircraft on Fs2004 or FSX. Overspeed yes, G forces yes. I have aircraft that does not show oil pressure and I can Max out the EGT gauge and the CHT never moves.

So How realistic is this?

Hop your hind end into one of MJ's C-47 either Ver2 or 3 and then tell me you can't blowup an engine and make it flame! And this is freeware!

Plenty realistic for me!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

lavochkin MJ would be Manfred Jahn

Entering MJ into a search gizmo would be useless

The gauges mean absolutely nothing related to how realistic the flying is. That would be aircraft handling, which is rarely very good in FS (Any) or P3D or X-P?? There are a very few exceptions that behave in a reasonable fashion, but by and large...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hey lavoch,
    So that we're not talking apples and oranges here, I have all my Realism settings at very close to 85%. Flying the C172 in FSX is not very realistic. Coordinated turns and level flight are simple in the real aircraft but require constant staring at the gauges in FSX. As far as damage, in the default Acceleration P51 Racer I can fry the engine before the gear is full up if I'm not careful.
    Jim F.

6. Default

Try an A2A Cessna 172, 182 or Piper Commanche. I am a real pilot and they are very close to the real thing. You get what you pay for.

All of them lack the one ingredient that might add virtual realism to the sim, and that's motion. Without it it doesn't matter how well modeled the plane id, that very important dimension is missing from FS (Any) or P3D or anything short of a major manufacturer's full blown simulator. To ride in one of those, you'd spend more than you paid for your computer, the FS software, and the add-ons that make it pretty.
    B55 Slug.jpg

ALL Simulators are unrealistic because you can't kill yourself if you crash the plane.

Absolute proof of that statement is that I'm able to post this reply!

Very interesting. Thank-you for your postings. Now I do not feel too bad, not being able to get an aircraft to fly realistic as per the pilot operating handbook. So not only did I waste my money on airwrench, I wasted my money on this aircraft too.

It is just flight sims, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by lavochkin View Post
    Very interesting. Thank-you for your postings. Now I do not feel too bad, not being able to get an aircraft to fly realistic as per the pilot operating handbook. So not only did I waste my money on airwrench, I wasted my money on this aircraft too.

It is just flight sims, thats all.
    It seems unfortunate that you are wasting money and time on things that don't work out for you! Might be better, in the future, to ask about whatever you are thinking about purchasing before shelling out the cash.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast