2004 in Windows 10 Esc only

michaeljulian

I have installed FS2004 in windows 10 but every time I wish to make the panel live or switch view - in fact everything - I have to press ESC first and then "Continue Flying" from the exit FS screen. Can anybody advise what I can do to rectify this? I also find that the image is very jerky. I have ample memory.

Where did you install FS2004? Under 'Program Files? That will not work right in Win 7 or Win 10 due to 'permissions' glitch / hitch / limitations. And what 'image' are you talking about? Your window (ie: graphics) or panel (ie: bitmap) or what? You say you installed FS9 in Win10. So you already had Win10 installed? Or did you install Win10 when you already had FS9 already installed? Whatever the 'real' problem is don't matter as it CAN be fixed. Hang in there.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks Chuck. I simply loaded the FS9 disks into the computer in the normal way with Windows 10 already installed. The screen image is correct in every way but I keep having to press ESC if I wish to change view, operate Autopilot etc. The picture is also jerky. Are you suggesting I uninstall FS9 and then re-install it directly into the C drive? That will be installation 10!

Archived