Airwrench

Guest lavochkin

Guest lavochkin

Airwrench is not a good program. It will destroy your air and cfg files and your planes will not work.

DO NOT BUY AIRWRENCH. Waste of money.

I've been using Airwrench for years, it's a great program if you take the time to learn how to use it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Airwrench is not a good program. It will destroy your air and cfg files and your planes will not work.

DO NOT BUY AIRWRENCH. Waste of money.

It will happen if you do not understand what you are doing in some of the Airwrench options.

Hi Folks,

The point you're missing is that Air Wrench changes the whole flight model to fly based on your actual dimensional inputs... I think it's a little like XP in this aspect...

If you bought it recently from F1 - the developer now includes a second tool more suitable for tweaking - where only the input you changed affects your he flight model....

Both tools are superb if learn how to use them...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

The point you're missing is that Air Wrench changes the whole flight model

Scott's right, and this catches everyone out at the start - Airwrench will apply all parameters in the aircraft.cfg to the .air file, so that they both match perfectly. It will also add default values to the .air file for any missing parameters in the aircraft.cfg. It will also replace any out-of-range parameters in the aircraft.cfg and .air file with MSFS's default values, without warning, except for jet engine figures which it WILL ask you about for some reason. It would be a nice touch for these default values to be highlighted in blue or green as an indication for end users.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The name used for that program is 'AIR-WRECK'. And rightly so. I SUCKS at making a PROPER flight model. Any flight model. You couldn't GIVE it to me. And why would I pay someone to mess up my flight dynamics. '..If you learn how to use it..'. Really? You can modify how it 'works'. That's BS. It does what it wants (but fails) to do. Then you have to go in and correct the (screw up) changes IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Ha! Bogus.

Why is it not a good program. Because it relys on what values / parameters the modelers SUBMIT in cfg and air files. And as we well know the modelers don't know squat about cfg and air files. They use Cessna cfg and air files for twin cargo on floats! Cheesh. I rest my case. Case closed.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

If one is so foolish as to not make backup copies of their existing aircraft.cfg and xxx.air files before running Air Wrench, they have only themselves to blame should things go pear-shaped.

That said, Air Wrench is a program best used by developers who already know much about how FDE's are constructed. It is not suitable for rank amateurs... :rolleyes:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Guest lavochkin

Airwrench was a waste of money. I would not recommend this program to anyone. As I found out very few aircraft fly realistic in flight sim. So I was trying to do something that was not possible in flight sim and get an aircraft to fly realistic and per the pilot operating handbook for the aircraft.

I told mudpond what he could do with his program.

I am not a nice person and not liked in most flight sim forums. This is the only flight sim forum have not been kick out of.

I am not a nice person and not liked in most flight sim forums. This is the only flight sim forum have not been kick out of.

That's easily fixed. :p

So far you've done nothing to warrant being suspended. You are forthright and blunt to be sure, but not disruptive...

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Guest lavochkin

n4gix,

Because Mr Anderson has talked to me many times and let a lot of things slide and just deleted my posts. So I have learned what to say and not to say.

I have no friends and I am not liked personally. If you would meet me, you would last 5 minutes and leave.

Ask why? Because I make an insane amount of money and I do not need anyone. Money is power.

Yes you are right, it could be fixed, but I do not want to fix it. So I go to the gym, clean house and sit in front of a computer and play games.

Guest lavochkin
I'd say it's suited for middle of the road developers. A really good FDE designer builds his own FDE from scratch.

Ok I admit I am not a developer. Please tell me what developers use Airwrench so I do waste my money on their aircraft. Download a Jerry Beckwith aircraft and fly it. Good luck with that.

Thank-you

• 1 month later...

Download a Milton Shupe (and company) aircraft and fly that. He is one developer that knows his FDEs.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived