Running the "autorun.inf" under Windows 10

IngeJ

Hallo everybody. Here is a prayer from Norway. I have purchased a new computer with Windows 10. But when I try to install FSX (de Lux edition) and mount the DVD in the DWD Reader/Writer the machine will not start running the autorun.inf. I think this can be part of the problems I have in activating the FSX. I have tried almost every trick I have found on the Internet, with no success. Any good solutions from you folks?

If you have CD/DVD burning software it can interfere with reading the FSX DVD's. In my case it took an hour for the disk to stop spinning, I could only start the install after that.

The fix for me was: disabled the DVD writing software from automatically starting when Windows boots.

Another way would be to uninstall your DVD writing software, then reinstall it after FSX is installed.

(For me the DVD writing program was "Power2Go8", but I heard the same happens with other programs.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Win10 myself. Even if I click on autorun, I still have to wait a while.

Jorgen

I would check that Win 10 is FULLY updated. Certain updates do not get installed, except in sequence (i.e. updates of updates) and some of those are key to correct installation of FSX. No Win 10 new computer is fully updated at time of sale. It took me a couple of days and around five sets of updates to get a fast, clean install of P3D on one rig I work on.

Thank you friends! In sheer frustration I packed down the whole delivery. Maybe I'll unpack it and try your "magic wand"-hints. Since we are solemnize (?) the Easter in Norway at the moment I have plenty of time, in spite of beeing a retiree of 70 with Louis Armstrong's James Bond melody "We Have All The Time In The World" (
).

Archived