Loading FS2004

Hi all, I have just registered and I would like some help. I have Flight Simulator 2004 and was previously using it on an older pc. I now have a new pc with Window 7 and the program will not run, even when changing compatibility settings. Is there some way or patch to get it going or do I need to purchase a newer version of Flight Simulator?

UAC stands for User Account Control, and you can turn this off by typing UAC into search under the Start orb. I mention it as a possibility since I never use UAC. And I've never gotten viruses or any of this other crap with it off. I find it to be a huge annoyance that Windows constantly asks me to allow this or that. I can guarantee you that you will still get an infection with UAC on or off.

I don't think this is a no CD patch issue either. It may, but I never had to use a no CD patch to run the game. What I have is a virtual DVD drive and I mount the image of FS. But I found with my use of FSX now I don't have to mount an image or anything. Once I double click the FSX icon it just starts. Must be the way the product key is tied to your computer.

Here's some more Info that might be pertinent. http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/7470/fs2004-start-read

Do you even understand that this is the FS2004 forum?

Your Win 7 isn't up to date either because if it were the disk 4 protection would have been disabled causing FS2004 NOT TO START. The easy fix is with the No CD Patch. The harder fix is to remove the Windows update that is responsible for this.

No we are not talking about FSX a single bit here.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Many thanks to all for your comments. They have resolved my issue and I'm flying again.

I downloaded the No CD Patch and swapped it with the existing file and it worked, even better now that I don't need the Disc4 in the DVD drive. Thanks JSKorna.

Archived