EGT and PITOT heat connected?

Guest lavochkin

Guest lavochkin

I edited the EGT value in the Air file for a piston engine aircraft. I changed the value from 1200 degrees F to 1675 degrees F and tested the aircraft. The Pitot heat would not work, by mouse or Shift H. I return the value to 1200 degrees F and Pitot heat works fine. After looking at other piston engine aircraft in my hanger, All the aircraft EGT values are 1200 and lower. None of them were above 1200.

How is the EGT value in the air file connected to the pitot heat in the cfg file. I do not get it?

This means all piston engine aircraft in fs2004 are not using real world EGT values, according to the pilot operating manual.

This is very sad.

I think we need more info available. Which aircraft did you modify? Which record in the .air file did you adjust? What settings for Pitot Heat did you change in the aircraft.cfg? Did you change anything else in the aircraft.cfg? If so, what? Does the plane have the electrics for Pitot Heat? Etc, etc...

See what I mean?

Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Guest lavochkin

I changed the EGT value in the air file with airwized only. I did not change anything in the cfg file. But I know for a fact when I changed the EGT the Pitot heat would not work and when I changed it back to 1200 degrees F the pitot heat worked fine. The default aircraft has an EGT value of 1200 degrees F.

What I am seeing is that the EGT value is linked the pitot heat some how. Regardless if pitot heat is electric or not.

Does not matter what aircraft I am modifying.

My question is how is the EGT value in the air file linked to the pitot heat in the cfg file? Somehow it is.

It appears no one knows. That is fine. It is just flight sims. Just flight sims. Thats all.

Archived