Problem with Sound using Mallard AAF AND MS ASD together with ver 4.0b

cth7

HELLO???? Anyone still hang out or at least still answer on this thread? I'm hoping yes :)

I have an OLD PC AT Loaded up with 2MB Additional Memory and a Fully Sound Blaster Compat Sound Card... I'm Running FS 4.0b on it and I'm trying to max out what I can do with it re Sound and Scenery.

When using Mallards Air Craft and Adventure Factory ( AAF ) ( Note... NOT the "Sound Graphics and Aircraft" Upgrade ) by itself the new aircraft sounds work and sound perfect through the sound card. Wanting to take advantage of the ton of available downloadable scenery I also installed MFS Aircraft and Scenery Designer ( ASD ). Both are brand new packaged copies of the software I found online.

After installing ASD the sound on all the aircraft are fine except for the one I fly the most... the Cessna 182. It sounds like a VERY sick Learjet. Any other aircraft that uses the "Prop" Sound has the same problem. Once I disable ASD the problem goes away.

I apologize if this question was answered in the past on this forum but I did several searches and did not find it. I have tried all kinds of tinkering and uninstalling/installing in different sequences to no avail. I also found copies of both online which I downloaded and tried and they have the same problem.

I'd Love to be able to keep both packages because both add nice realism in their own way. I'm willing to change the AAF to Mallards Sound, Graphics, and Aircraft upgrade ( SGA ) if it works better with ASD but It's VERY hard to find and expensive when I do. So I'd like to hopefully hear from someone who's either solved this problem or knows that SGA works well with ASD. Thanks in advance.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
HELLO???? Anyone still hang out or at least still answer on this thread? I'm hoping yes :)

I have an OLD PC AT Loaded up with 2MB Additional Memory and a Fully Sound Blaster Compat Sound Card... I'm Running FS 4.0b on it and I'm trying to max out what I can do with it re Sound and Scenery.

When using Mallards Air Craft and Adventure Factory ( AAF ) ( Note... NOT the "Sound Graphics and Aircraft" Upgrade ) by itself the new aircraft sounds work and sound perfect through the sound card. Wanting to take advantage of the ton of available downloadable scenery I also installed MFS Aircraft and Scenery Designer ( ASD ). Both are brand new packaged copies of the software I found online.

After installing ASD the sound on all the aircraft are fine except for the one I fly the most... the Cessna 182. It sounds like a VERY sick Learjet. Any other aircraft that uses the "Prop" Sound has the same problem. Once I disable ASD the problem goes away.

I apologize if this question was answered in the past on this forum but I did several searches and did not find it. I have tried all kinds of tinkering and uninstalling/installing in different sequences to no avail. I also found copies of both online which I downloaded and tried and they have the same problem.

I'd Love to be able to keep both packages because both add nice realism in their own way. I'm willing to change the AAF to Mallards Sound, Graphics, and Aircraft upgrade ( SGA ) if it works better with ASD but It's VERY hard to find and expensive when I do. So I'd like to hopefully hear from someone who's either solved this problem or knows that SGA works well with ASD. Thanks in advance.

Chris

I have FS4 too as well original disk copies of ASD, SGA, as well as all the scenery disks for it. My copies are on 3.5" disks. Neither my WinXP desktop or my new laptop disk drives on them so I download copies from the FS History Website. One of the toughest parts of running FS4 under newer versions of Windows is the hogging of conventional memory by Windows. Windows only sees one batch of memory which it happily takes for it's use. I have run FS4 under WinXP fine after waiting for Running FS4 on an unsupported OS error.

I'm also using Defend Reloaded to run a lot of my old DOS only games as well FS3 and FS4.

Christopher Tarana

• 1 month later...

Archived