Buyer beware when buying from cockpit for you

jimapos

BUYER BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM COCKPIT FOR YOU :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I paid 2,799 Euro for a Gold Throttle Quadrant from Cockpit For You 3 weeks ago. Here is my story in two contrasting parts:

BEFORE PAYMENT:

Torsten Muller answered my emails and Skype calls immediately and was so responsive I commited to buying. He even used Skype video to show me his workshop and the TQ. I had to pay before he would take my order so I paid by bank transfer (big mistake).

AFTER PAYMENT:

Here is where all the headaches and fear started. Immediately after my bank transfer payment no emails, calls, or Skype messages have been replied to except for one to say he was away in Spain to see customers. In that one message, he said he would send me a tracking number.....1 week later still waiting. I never got a confirmation that he received payment, no receipt, no acknowledgement whatsoever! Not even a thank you for payment.

I've been patient, polite and waiting. I eventually warned him I would post my bad experience if he didn't respond. Still no response. Subsequently I've found out from discussions with people on the otherside of the world (and the internet) that good old Torsten has a massive reputation for this poor and disrespectful behaviour.

At this stage I have no idea where this is going to end up. I am concerned that I have been defrauded and that I have lost my money. I post this message to warn and help others to not get into thsi position.

I can only hope he responds to this message (unlike my other messages) and I get my money back or my TQ.....time will tell but I would keep my money in my pocket if I were you.

Jim

I don't know how you paid this gentleman, but it seems you may still have some options as a matter of recourse.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Bank transfers or wire transfers can be a weird situation, sometimes, especially one country to another. Check with your bank and see if there is any way to trace it to this guy to see if it was received. Sometimes the bank on the other end will not accept it for 1 reason or another and it's sent back to your bank. Some banks are real slow to let you know this has happened so that's why you should check this out immediately.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your advice......I have checked with my bank. The funds were successfully transferred to the nominated account.

Gave CFY every chance to respond, even warned them I would post a complaint if they didn't respond....guess what.....NO response.....

Hoping to get feedback form others who have bought form CFY to share their experiences.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Did u not receive ur TQ lately?

This is an identical topic as "Buyer Beware" also open in Prosim737 forum!

If u did receive your TQ then post an update here and close this complaint, or refer readers to that topic where many discussions went on so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Similar story from my side,

Very helpful before payment; after payment the trouble started, a lot of issues around delivery, e.g. the TQ got 'lost' on it's way, and after many email exchanges and months the TQ was miraculously found at a depot somewhere in Germany and after many more emails finally delivered in the UK. On arrival the TQ was severely damaged, see attached photos. I emailed Torsten, but until today only silence................

Peter1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Archived