Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSX:SE Crash on Splash Screen with Windows 10

1. Default

Yeah, I haven't gotten into the game and I don't see anything in This PC/Documents named FSX or Flight Simulator, nor do I see logbook.bin anywhere else in my files so I'm not sure if I should have that file somewhere or not.

Quote Originally Posted by batcarpet View Post
    Yeah, I haven't gotten into the game and I don't see anything in This PC/Documents named FSX or Flight Simulator, nor do I see logbook.bin anywhere else in my files so I'm not sure if I should have that file somewhere or not.
    Use the Search feature of your computer and look for files and folders. Insert Logbook.bin and search! Do you have a folder on your computer named "My Documents"? That's where it hides.

Make sure you have "show hidden files and folders, as well as show hidden file extensions". This is in My Computer/Folder/options.
    Last edited by mrzippy; 04-04-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

open a file explorer window. see the scrollbar on theleft? next to the left pane with an overview of all your folders/disks.
    drag that scrollbar up. The Documents folder is almost at the top in the left pane. Below: desktop, downloads, recent locations. (in the "favourites" section)

4. Default

Thanks guys, but again, like I said, I don't have any FSX or Flight Simulator folder OR files IN my Documents. I don't have a place called "My Documents" either, it's just Documents for me, but there's nothing in my computer, as I've done a complete search, that is called logbook.bin, and I haven't been in the game to even get a flight log if that's what logbook.bin is.

Uninstall then reinstall your FSX-SE.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

6. Default

Hello again, it's been a while because I've gone to Europe recently to visit some family.
    Anyways, I'm back now, and I've reinstalled my FSX-SE a couple times just to make sure everything is okay, but I still don't get any response. The same error occurs from last I played. Anything else I can do at this point?

Just noticed from your first post the following:

Faulting application path: C:\Users\coope\Desktop\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\coope\Desktop\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ui.dll

You seem to have installed FSX into a Steam folder on your desktop which is never a good idea. Try uninstalling it and reinstall it into a root folder on your C: drive like FSX - eg C:\FSX.

It's called DOCUMENTS not my documents.
    I have the same problem of freezing, FSX SE version.
    Not found any solution yet Win 10 updates is my guess.

"Not found any solution yet Win 10 updates is my guess."

What does that mean?

Jorgen

This may be a result of the initial Win 10 install and not Win 10 Updates...

Basically FSX-SE is the same as the boxed version of FSX Deluxe with the Acceleration addon pack. It has been tweaked by Dovetail to include most of the common tweaks that would normally be added manually to the boxed version and looking at the basic system requirements they are exactly the same as those of the boxed version. There are a number of early OS based 'libraries' that are needed by the boxed version and I am not sure if they are automatically provided as part of the FSX-SE package. They are, however, missing from a default vanilla install of Win 10.

Using the Program and Features option look to see what versions of the following items you have installed:

Visual C++ Runtime Libraries - FSX requires versions 2005 and 2008.
    .NET Framework Libraries - FSX requires versions 3.5 and 4.

If these are missing I suggest downloading and installing them to see if that resolves the issue - see post #4 on this THREAD for details.

Another source of the issue could be the Direct X (DX) version(s) you have installed. Newer versions of DX are supposedly backward compatible so that games/apps etc that used earlier versions can work. However, from experience of using the boxed version of FSX in Win 10 and replying to other user threads where they had problems, I suspect that this is not the case when it comes to Win 10 and FSX which requires DX Version 9c. Again see the link posted above for details regarding a possible fix.
    Regards

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast