Low FPS and stutters

shlomiA

Hi

I am using p3d v3.4 and in this addons:

Orbx FTX global + vector + openLC North America and Europe + FTX trees and FTX England + Ireland + North Germany.

Rex 4

PMDG 737,747 V3,777

Aerosoft airbus A318-321

I installed all my sceneries and addons and then tried to fly and I got in PMDG and Aerosoft between 30-55 FPS (In some areas it can be 15-25 FPS, for example in NYC area).

All airports in New York for example is about 30 FPS in JFK and Newark and 20 FPS about LaGuardia with PMDG.

More to this I have really hard stutters in virtual cockpit and if I try to move inside cockpit it really slow and the picture is like stuck (Everywhere I fly)

In addition I have blurry textures and the ground not looking very well. I opened Topic few weeks ago without any help...

i wish someone will help me with my problems it feels like the hardware doesn't match the performance..

I uninstalled anti virus and this is my monitor:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1083446-REG/lg_34uc97_s_34_3440x1440_ips_curved.html

My PC:

i7 6700k 4.2Ghz

GTX 1080

16GB Ram

Corsair h115i liquid cooling

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

What can i do about it? I tried everything and nothing solve it.

I can't fly like this, also I made a try and I reinstalled p3d without addons only PMDG and scenery I got same problem (without FTX and REX)

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

And that's low FPS? For the stutters, try limiting your frame rate to 25 fps (or maybe 30), and that should help in many areas. Remember that freeing up those extra frames per second will give the computer a lot more time to work on other things. If cutting back on fps and sliders helps, then you've set your expectations too high. If not, then perhaps disk access or memory configuration or...

Late afternoon with vegetation shadows enabled when in heavy forests (or building shadows in cities) can take any system to its knees. Are you running heavy weather at the same time? Do you have AI traffic, road traffic and/or boat traffic set high? Those all chew up resources. Perhaps reduce the water setting a notch or two.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a few midsize ultra PCs for Flight Simulator and Prepar3D.

Mostly a video card helps especially in v2-v3 of Prepar3D. (GTS 450 / GTX 750 etc)

"BUT FOR PREPARED V1.4"

based on the 'cpu hungry fsx platform with improved stability'

I went to another country (yup they had cable internet with wifi) but could only find a Dell Laptop with an i5 and integrated graphics. Surprisingly I got pretty nice imagery with the INTEGRATED slow Intel GMA graphics just by modifying the CFG file located in %appdata% (type it into the explorer file bar after erasing it completely) then clicking on 'Lockheed Martin' and then 'Prepar3D' and replacing my Prepar3D.cfg file with the one I have attached. (it took a while to make this one happen but it runs pretty good.)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45546369682312532376

(rename this file to Prepar3D.cfg (or just "Prepar3D" because the extension is already there)

It should work good on any Intel GMA / HD Graphics situation with Dual Core CPU w/ HT. Modify it to your liking if that is so what one wishes for or ask I might know some more answers :)

tarmac01.png

Archived