Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things I would like to see in future sim

Blog Entries

Default Things I would like to see in future sim

Here are some things I would like to see in a future (or pehaps fs9 and/or fsx--implemented as new mods):

1. The sim should stop the user a/c if it nears the red line on the ground that directs you somewhere through ATC).

2. AI a/c should not ever disappear after a long wait.

3. User should be warned if running out of fuel--perhaps with a message giving the nearest fuelling point.

4. Ability to add a passenger to your VC, as A2A did with Heidi the girl.. in its Cub.

5. Penalty if one does not park to the assigned spot or if one takes off from anywhere not proscribed by Tower directions.

6.Penalty when leaving the a/c parked with engines running and all systems running.

7. More default weather themes.

8. Each of the 4 seasons cut into two periods, selectable by user--e.g early\late spring (or winter, summer, autumn).

9. One new failure that has all lights extinguished on runway 20-40 seconds before user touches down or for longer periods during approach-final-base--all selectable by user but also random.

10. Selectable pilot to walk to the airport bar for a drink once parked, with options to meet people there (other pilots, passengers, women etc)

11. Bird strike, in failures.

12. Some form or reward for having completed a flight correcty or punishment for the opposite case.

Please feel free to add your own suggestions here.

Nick,

Athens, Greece
    Last edited by asos; 03-29-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Interesting, Nick! Some of those things are already available. The low fuel warning, if you have "flying tips" checked. It's up to the pilot to find the closest airport. A lot of payware addons will give you things like Michelle, the copilot, to park herself in the cockpit with you and help fly the aircraft. Several programs will give you the rewards/penalties you're looking for.

There are several "questionable" websites for hooking up with people at a bar.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

I'm guessing that with Dovetail ever closer to releasing the next version that your wish list might have to wait a while. Unless they read your mind and have already programmed them in that is !

There have been a few wish list posts over recent years so hopefully they will have been listening :-)

Cheers
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thanks for your replies.

Mrzippy: which addon has the Michelle co-pilot please? And which programs give us the rewards and penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by asos View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

Mrzippy: which addon has the Michelle co-pilot please? And which programs give us the rewards and penalties?
    http://www.itsyourplane.com/ this is where Michelle hides!

http://www.fspassengers.com/ This will add passengers and track your flights as to how well you do.
    Last edited by mrzippy; 03-29-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Here is some stuff I would like:

Snow on runways that wouldn't normally be plowed

Objects at small airports

And, most importantly, NO DESERTS!!! Those are really annoying.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ryapad View Post
    ...And, most importantly, NO DESERTS!!! Those are really annoying.
    That would be an issue with the earth, not the sim.

Anything which enhances the realism is welcome.

Better representation of system failures. For example, in FS9 select engine failure and it will always be engine 1, it will always be a complete failure, and it will always occur on take-off; radio failures are always all radios completely dead. More realistic, and interesting, would be an engine losing power, or overheating, or losing oil pressure, during a flight; one radio, not all, may die, or just have enough static to make communication difficult; on more elaborate aircraft, MFDs could fail, requiring the pilot to resort to "old fashioned" gauges. (I recall playing SWOTL 25 years ago and bringing a damaged B-17 back home with one engine out and another that couldn't be run over half throttle for more than a few minutes without overheating; or landing an FW-190 with the canopy filmed in oil from a leaking engine.)

Less robotic, more interactive ATC, with ability to handle emergency situations ...like an engine problem. And certainly ATC which doesn't stop talking to you if you fail to respond to one message "in time" during an IFR flight.

While I enjoy the total free flight aspect of MSFS, a mission scenario would be a nice option (along with a mission creator, as in many aerial combat sims), as would a career option. Along with this, but also for use with free flight, would be a flight analysis system - rating how well you carry out proper procedures, adhere to flight plans, manage engine/fuel, etc.

Blog Entries

jgf,

Very nice suggestions--many thanks.

What is SWOTL please? I would like to recreate the experiences you described...

Quote Originally Posted by asos View Post
    jgf,

Very nice suggestions--many thanks.

What is SWOTL please? I would like to recreate the experiences you described...
    Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, from LucasArts way back in 1991, depicting the air war over Europe in its later stages. Oh, the hours I spent in this; it had a Flight School mode (where you could just fly any of the aircraft), single missions, historical missions, a Tour of Duty (career) mode where you flew a number of random generated missions, a campaign mode where you directed the war strategy (and could then fly any of the aircraft involved on your side), and a complete mission creator. Full statistics were kept of everything your pilot did - number of rounds fired, number of hits, number of each type of plane shot down, ground targets destroyed. There were several mods recreating the Russian Front, North Africa, etc., though these only worked properly with custom missions designed for them (and the graphics were still the default aircraft). And people uploaded literally hundreds of missions for the base game and the mods. There was a utility which allowed you to change the weather and season, resurrect pilots, change the number of missions for a tour, etc.

An interesting aspect was you could create numerous pilots and "train" them by flying custom missions with them then assign them to be your wingmen, or fly the bombers while you flew cover (or vice versa). They would even advance in rank as they flew more missions.

Graphics were good for their day, flight models were simplified but decent, sounds were what you would expect in 1991. SWOTL will run on modern systems via DOSBox, the main adjustment being to limit the CPU cycles to something no faster than about 300meg equivalent (it was designed for a 386 10meg; way back then I ran it on a 486DX4/100 and it was smooth as butter and rock stable). It was originally released on, I believe, seven floppies, then a couple of expansion discs that each added a couple of aircraft; around '94 it was reissued on CD with everything included (this is the version you're most likely to find today).

http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret...-the-luftwaffe

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/se...ffe-cd-rom-30i

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast